1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
It has been verified that it will not fit with the Cobb intake

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think I remember seeing that the TB Performance one will and that he was doing a group buy for it in a month or so.
Yep. I have the CPE intake so this is what I am waiting for. The TB Performance bar is adjustable as well! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yep. I have the CPE intake so this is what I am waiting for. The TB Performance bar is adjustable as well! :)
I had the tb performance bar, you have to remove the lower cowl that directs the air from outside into the cabin for hvac air. When you remove the cowl, it sucks the air directly from the engine bay and when sitting at traffic lights just blows hot air even on full cool. Unless you run the A/C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had the tb performance bar, you have to remove the lower cowl that directs the air from outside into the cabin for hvac air. When you remove the cowl, it sucks the air directly from the engine bay and when sitting at traffic lights just blows hot air even on full cool. Unless you run the A/C.

Good to know, thanks! I don't see this being an issue for me as I only run the climate control for heat or would be using the A/C. Anything in between would be open windows.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh, interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Don't know how I feel about my engine belching heat on me. I take it you had the TB Performance one and now have the Mountune one? If you've verified the Mountune one fits with FSWerks, maybe I'll go that route instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts

That's a bit worrying. Hopefully he addresses this in the group buy post. I definitely don't want any air coming from the engine blowing into the interior.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's a bit worrying. Hopefully he addresses this in the group buy post. I definitely don't want any air coming from the engine blowing into the interior.

When I spoke to him about this he said he's never heard of that issue before which I found surprising...

·
Administrator
11,868 Posts
When I spoke to him about this he said he's never heard of that issue before which I found surprising...

I have never noticed this. I run windows down though in the summer/spring/heck all of the time practically.

In fact, I have only seen the removal of the cowl as a positive. Makes filling the brake reservoir easier. Opens up the cowl vents by the wiper blades to the engine bay, which should vent hot engine air up and out almost like hood louvers. There has not been any smells or anything that I have noticed. **** that cowl, it just gets in the way.

The cowl is necessary for those insane people that still run the Sound Symposer though, lol.

·
Registered
768 Posts
You guys got any pics of what it looks like with the cowl removed, including pics from outside with the hood closed? I'd like to see it finished and see what you're driving around with. I know we could have a separate argument over aesthetics and what's most important to who, but if it looks like ****, that'd be a deal breaker for me. Seems like it would leave a tacky, "unfinished" look to the car.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You guys got any pics of what it looks like with the cowl removed, including pics from outside with the hood closed? I'd like to see it finished and see what you're driving around with. I know we could have a separate argument over aesthetics and what's most important to who, but if it looks like ****, that'd be a deal breaker for me. Seems like it would leave a tacky, "unfinished" look to the car.
It is just the lower cowl. The plastic upper cowl is still there so it probably doesn't look any different.

·
Registered
830 Posts
yeah I run with the windows down if its above 65 and below 90. running the fan on climate without using heat or air is pointless imo.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Administrator
11,868 Posts
Theres pics in my build thread, it doesnt change the look of much. Seeing a big ass strut bar is sweet though!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have had the TB performance strut bar on for a while now and haven't had any problems since removing the lower cowl. I havent noticed any change in incoming air temp. The TB performance also replaces the factory stamped steel strut tower bar, whereas the Mountune just kinda bolts in front of it. The TB performance piece is a real improvement to the car and the mountune seems to just look pretty.

·
Registered
768 Posts
So the photos on the Mountune site aren't hard to tell for certain, but it kinda looks like you can keep the cowl installed with the Mountune bar. The instructions also do not mention anything about leaving it off. That would settle that decision for me, personally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts