Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Victor Wooten show tonight so this is going on first thing tomorrow morning.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have mine installed now. I can tell it's there, but it's not all that stiffer than the stock motor mount. I am indeed seeing less knock (which for me personally is what I'm seeking), but it's been a little too cold to tell if I'm putting power down anymore than I was before. I have also recently gone BT so it's just been a learning process on proper throttle control as I can still spin tires in 3rd easily. :p

So far I'm happy, but I've only had it on for a night. I could see myself getting something stiffer in the long run (like the CPE duro 88?) if I find after awhile it's not sufficient. BUT, right now it appears to be the proper middle of the road.

As far as NVH - none. Feels more solid, but not in a NVH kind of way. For the money, I'm a happy guy I think.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ordered today! I'll be eating taco bell for the next week but totally worth it. I'm glad I waited.
You might want to sit on a towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Mine went on at 5AM this morning (I was up so I figured why not).

First Drive Impressions:
- I only noticed additional vibration at high idle (cold start). Once the car was at normal temp, I didn't notice a change (though I am sure there was likely minimal NVH increase even at temp).
- The additional vibration that I noticed was minimal. It was definitely more vibes than the stock mount, but still well within the range of vibrations I have experienced in other cars on stock mounts.
- On the factory 2013 mount, wheel hop was terrible. On the E-Focus mount, wheel hop was better, but hard shifts still felt like the engine was rocking badly. On the mountune, I don't feel any hop and actually got into more wheelspin than I expected at one point due to no hop.
- Even when not shifting hard, first to second would occasionally feel weird to me on the E-Focus mount. In the 10 miles I put on the new mount, this problem seems to be gone.
- I am confident that the mountune is not the stiffest mount on the market. There is definitely still some engine movement there, but all of my complaints about the previous mounts are gone. So far this seems like a solid DD mount. For a car that spends a lot of time at he track, you may or may not want to go a little stiffer.

Install Notes:
The mountune video shows installing the included bolt/nut off of the car. I chose to install them on the car, because I was under it and didn't feel like crawling back out. After doing it this way, it seems this may be the easiest way to do it. I did the following:
1. Put RMM into place, but turn it towards the passenger side of the car.
2. Slide the piece that the RMM attaches to into the RMM.
3. Put the included bolt through the RMM and the other piece. Face the threaded end of the bolt towards the passenger side of the car.
4. Hand tighten the included nut (be sure to put the washer on first).
5. Rotate the assembled pieces into place (you may have to push the mount further towards the back of the car to get it to work if you didn't push it far enough in to start with).

By doing it this way, I was able to avoid having to rock the engine forward to get everything into place (the way it is done in the Spool Tuning Cobb Install video). Installing the included bolt/nut with threads facing towards the passenger side makes it easier to get to some of the more difficult to access nuts/bolts as you are putting everything back together.

Ultimately I am completely happy with it. My brother is going to be happy with it too. My E-Focus mount is going to go on his 2013 Focus SE next weekend.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts