Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooops, missed it. :D Looking forward to some thoughts from others on this one before I give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Mountune is a little late to the market for this one, but I am curious to see the effects on NVH it has. If I didn't already have the CPE one probably would have went with this one because it's priced pretty fairly as well. For those of you who don't have an upgraded RMM this could present as a new option to try, hopefully it works out!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I installed the mountune rear motor mount last week. It amazed me how much play the TSB upgraded focus electric mount had.
Install was straightforward, also found that the dealer snapped one of the downpipe studs when doing the TSB.
Initial impressions: a slight increase in vibration at idle, not bad at all. Wheel hop is very much improved. There is no noticeable increase in NVH while on the move, and I may be crazy, but it seems the shifting is a bit more precise.

In all, a high quality part from Mountune at a price that is right on par with all the others.

So, the stock ST mount is utter garbage, the electric mount is OK, but if you have any mods, you absolutely need an aftermarket mount.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting! How did you find the installation? I've watched a couple of videos for other mounts, and it looks pretty tight under there.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Thanks for posting! How did you find the installation? I've watched a couple of videos for other mounts, and it looks pretty tight under there.
The installation of any RMM is pretty easy. The three things IMHO to keep in mind:

1. Removing and reinstalling the downpipe support bracket takes a little creative wiggling in just one way outwards, and then it's easy-peasy.

2. Accessing the rearward facing mounting stud on the transmission takes patience.

3. Removing the fully unbolted RMM is easy -- if you use your hand to rock the bottom of the motor forward to create some more free space.

Several RMM vendors have videos/printed directions which are all good.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
447 Posts
I did it on my back in my driveway and wheels up to wheels down took 1 hour.
As previously posted, getting the downpipe bracket back on is fiddly.
Ratcheting box wrenches make the job easier.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Ordered one today. I expect to have the same review as everyone else, but will post up thoughts after it comes in.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Anxious to hear some more impressions about this RMM. I want something sturdier than the E-Focus mount but I really don't want much increase NVH.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Anxious to hear some more impressions about this RMM. I want something sturdier than the E-Focus mount but I really don't want much increase NVH.
Exactly what I am after as well. So far the reviews are all positive which seems promising.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Now that it is sold, may I ask what made you want to go a different route?
Maybe not stiff enough? Good question though curious myself. I've sat in cars that had a few of the other ones and not a fan.

At some point I'm a firm believe you are just adding NVH for the sake of having it and not actually improving on any functionality. The eFocus mount has already been determined to be pretty good (i.e. There are better options) so for me personally I think the Mountune RMM might fall in the middle of improved performance and increased NVH.

Just my opinion though I don't have one installed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Maybe not stiff enough? Good question though curious myself. I've sat in cars that had a few of the other ones and not a fan.

At some point I'm a firm believe you are just adding NVH for the sake of having it and not actually improving on any functionality. The eFocus mount has already been determined to be pretty good (i.e. There are better options) so for me personally I think the Mountune RMM might fall in the middle of improved performance and increased NVH.

Just my opinion though I don't have one installed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a great mount, I only picked it up because I had about $150 in Mountune rewards. Tried it out, it's nice, very low NVH, not quite as firm as the CPE2 IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts