Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

i'm from the UK but you guys are far more active in the forums than Mountune UK (and i'll have to wait until a weekday to ring them).

So the mountune pistons and rods have been announced and from the BTCC engine there is obviously a lot of data been gathered however 9:1 compression vs the std 9.3:1 seems counter intuitive on an engine that's all about response.
Could you shed some light on how the marginally lower CR affects engine characteristics?

Also announced by Piper Cams here in the UK who i believe are mountunes technical partners are three levels of cam and the associated springs and caps.

now bear in mind that i'm running the 2.0 ecoboost in a mk7 fiesta with aftermarket management and its currently my daily and will always be street driven.

would you think the fast road cams would be a good match with an EFR6258 setup as i want to keep the response but get the engine breathing properly in the mid to top end like i know it can?

the idea is to build the engine to a similar spec as the fifteen52 trackster engine but with an EFR:

mountune rods and pistons (need advice on the compression)
mountune elbow
mountune sump baffle
piper cams (need advice on best power band for build based on experience)
suitable piper springs
efr6258

hopefully you can shed some light on these developments. if i get anymore info from mountune uk i will add them to the post for anyone else who is interested.

here's the last dyno graph from my fiestas current setup measured at the hubs on a dynapack.

bottom end needs some work to remove that torque dip but my tuner is currently very busy.

for any one interested here's some links to the project.

fiesta faction - http://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/...boost-Project*

ZSOC - Ford Zetec-S Owners Club

passionford - http://passionford.com/forum/restora...ft-270bhp.html

hopefully there will be some interesting information to be shared.....looking forward to your reply.

Cheers /Tim

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Guys,

i'm from the UK but you guys are far more active in the forums than Mountune UK (and i'll have to wait until a weekday to ring them).

So the mountune pistons and rods have been announced and from the BTCC engine there is obviously a lot of data been gathered however 9:1 compression vs the std 9.3:1 seems counter intuitive on an engine that's all about response.
Could you shed some light on how the marginally lower CR affects engine characteristics?

Also announced by Piper Cams here in the UK who i believe are mountunes technical partners are three levels of cam and the associated springs and caps.

now bear in mind that i'm running the 2.0 ecoboost in a mk7 fiesta with aftermarket management and its currently my daily and will always be street driven.

would you think the fast road cams would be a good match with an EFR6258 setup as i want to keep the response but get the engine breathing properly in the mid to top end like i know it can?

the idea is to build the engine to a similar spec as the fifteen52 trackster engine but with an EFR:

mountune elbow
mountune sump baffle
suitable piper springs
efr6258

hopefully you can shed some light on these developments. if i get anymore info from mountune uk i will add them to the post for anyone else who is interested.

here's the last dyno graph from my fiestas current setup measured at the hubs on a dynapack.

bottom end needs some work to remove that torque dip but my tuner is currently very busy.

hopefully there will be some interesting information to be shared.....looking forward to your reply.

Cheers /Tim

Sorry for the late reply Tim,
Your project sounds very cool. As for the compression ratio, .3 is not going to change the response of the engine. It will however give you slightly more head room for higher cylinder pressures. There is no trade off , only benefit. We actually have a Focus here in the USA with the same turbo set up as you and to be honest the car is impressive. THe EFR s spool up so quick and fast. Adding cams will give more mid range to top end but you will always be limited on the EcoBoost by the single outlet for the turbo. These heads will not breath like and Mits EVO. Recommending cams is like recommending shoes. One size does not fit all and you should select the cam that works best with your driving style. For me, it would be the ultimate road spec. I like RPM'S!

If you are interested in the Rods and pistons, let us know because the UK office is not stocking them at the moment. However this sort of build is popular here in the USA and we already have customers using the parts.
There will be more items coming soon but feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] Thanks-Ken

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Guys,

mountune elbow
mountune sump baffle
suitable piper springs
efr6258

Cheers /Tim
How's your build going? Interested in the cams for now. I have the EFR 6258 on stock a engine at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts