Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a cobb accessport through mountune saturday. I realize there was a holiday weekend and all, but how long does mountune usually take to ship stuff that's ordered.

I cant seem to reach anyone via phone or email and my order status is still "processing"

Just wondering if anyone knows what the normal timeframes is?

UPDATE finally got ahold of them , apparantly they didnt have enough accessports to fill my order. So I must wait till next week for it to ship. Understandable as they had a labor day sale, however it would have been nice if they would've contacted me and told me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah mountune has a habit of overselling things. I waited a month and a half for my rmm.

It depends on what you buy, my intercooler showed up in a week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I've read nothing but good things about mountune, so I'm sure their custom tune is well worth the wait.

Now I just gotta save of some $$ for a fmic upgrade and a catless dp.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Don't know about Mountune usa. Mountune Europe delivers products in a week. No stories about overselling yet

·
Registered
26 Posts
It took 2 months to get my intercooler. It’s been around 2 and a half months and I just got confirmation of shipment for the rmm. Great product but more communication would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I tried to order clucth kit . They took money quick said was in stock ....2 weeks later they say there waiting to get that they dont stock. So I think they just order parts after parts are ordered . So there just middle man . That's why takes 5 x the normal length to receive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my AP arrived today, I was a little disappointed because I did not receive the mountune map with the AP. Apparently I needed to hook up the AP, load the cobb ots stage 0 map, then email over a picture of the oem rom data prior to Randy @ mountune emailing me a base mountune map to start with.

Nevertheless, the ots cobb stage 2 map makes a very noticeable difference. It has me that much more excited to get the customized map from mountune.

I was really impressed with how hard the car is pulling at 80+ mph now. It's like a different car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently purchased an LSD and the install kit from them. It said it was in stock even though it was not. They emailed me a few days after my order, at 8:00pm EST on a Friday saying it was out of stock and that it would ship when it was in stock. Did not give me an ETA. I emailed and called them the next Monday and got them to cancel my order. Was told via email that a refund would take 5-7 business days. Called back on the 7th day and the guy on the phone said that it would be 10 business days and also that they do not keep live inventory on there website IN 2019 (which they do since the LSD said out of stock on that day). Ended up taking 11 business days in total to get my refund. To me, this is completely unacceptable considering they took my money for a product they didnt even have. I would not recommend doing business directly with them. There products are good quality, so if you want them, buy it from somewhere else. Customer service like that is completely unacceptable, especially considering much smaller companies do much more. I will NEVER order directly from them again. I'd rather pay more to a reputable company.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Called back on the 7th day and the guy on the phone said that it would be 10 business days and also that they do not keep live inventory on there website IN 2019 (which they do since the LSD said out of stock on that day).
Recently went to the European Mountune page and they adressed the issue in a simple way: They have nearly nothing in stock according to their site, except for some smaller parts like gear knobs or air filters :p

·
Registered
815 Posts
Don't run Cobb's OTS tunes at least only run the stage 1 if your gonna, that keeps some safety parameters there and doesn't advance your timing to much and only does some slight modification to your fueling and boost. Let Randy produce something for ya, and I will tell ya it's always possible the tune you get from Randy may not pull as hard as Cobb's stage 2 or even their stage 1 map depending on how good your fuel is and how comfortable he is advancing your timing so far and how aggressive his correction tables are when it detects any knock does it cut a bunch of ignition at once it step back lil by lil till it eliminates it which is similar to factory tuning. Anywho, unless you have spectacular fuel, like I use Sunoco 93 mixed with half tank of Sunoco 100 octane so my tune is able to advance Abit of timing, and I may get like 1 knock count every other time I drive, very very very low and as far as negative corrections they barely exist on my tune. I read ok things about Randy, but then I have seen alot of issues such as high negative ignition corrections and high knock counts that Randy wasn't able to get rid of, hopefully you don't run into that scenario. The one thing I will say I'm not crazy about with their tuning is that they only allow a 45 day period for finalizing a tune. Dunno, just kinda seems like if you pay for a full custom tune they should work with ya until it's finished.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts