Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping that somebody here has had both? I know that both are fairly light and around the same price. Only difference is the shape of each.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have big hands and felt the MT one was a little small.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You are certainly entitled to limit to Cobb/Mountune, but why are you limiting yourself to those two knobs? Plenty of larger options out there.

Not trying to be critical... Just curious. You are not the only one to gravitate towards the Cobb/Mountune knobs. I have personally used WC Lathe Werks and Boosted Designs stainless knobs and love the size/weight of both options. If you are worried about metal temperatures/weight, there are some larger copolymer knobs available as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are certainly entitled to limit to Cobb/Mountune, but why are you limiting yourself to those two knobs? Plenty of larger options out there.

Not trying to be critical... Just curious. You are not the only one to gravitate towards the Cobb/Mountune knobs. I have personally used WC Lathe Werks and Boosted Designs stainless knobs and love the size/weight of both options. If you are worried about metal temperatures/weight, there are some larger copolymer knobs available as well.
well I like that both are comparable to stock shift knob weight, and that both are affordable. I looked at WCLW but it's a little expensive for me.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Depends which one you compare to I think. Copolymer WC Lathe Works (most comparable to the Cobb Knob) is like 79 new and Cobb Knob is like 75 new. The WC Lathe Works knobs occasionally pop up in the for sale section as well. Sold both of mine on here when I converted to the Boosted Designs knob.

Boomba knobs also seem to fall in the Cobb knob Price Range (depending on which model).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the mountune and a couple Anarchy Motive Atlas knobs. I like them all.... The weighted knobs do make the shifting smoother, however the feel of the mountune is excellent.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I got my WC knob on this forum used and very happy with it.
Saved a good amount of $$ too!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The JBR is not that expensive, feels great, its big and looks good installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts