Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
What would be the benefits of this piece. ATP kits bolt right up so you could use that extra $500 for tuning or whatever else you saw fit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not sure I understand your statement about being too expensive. What are you comparing it to? Is there anyone else selling a turbo adapter for the EcoBoost 2L
separately? Perhaps I have missed it.

If you ad the cost of an appropriate Garrett Turbo GTX286X at roughly $1200.00 (plus exhaust $549.00) you are in the same range as the ATP part. We will offer a complete kit soon as well that will be priced competitively.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your statement about being too expensive. What are you comparing it to? Is there anyone else selling a turbo adapter for the EcoBoost 2L
separately? Perhaps I have missed it.

If you ad the cost of an appropriate Garrett Turbo GTX286X at roughly $1200.00 (plus exhaust $549.00) you are in the same range as the ATP part. We will offer a complete kit soon as well that will be priced competitively.
That is what I want to see...not an adapter.

The price is right. I am sure you guys did alot of research into materials and flow dynamics

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I want to see...not an adapter.

The price is right. I am sure you guys did alot of research into materials and flow dynamics
We understand that most people will want the complete kit. However there are plenty of others that want to choose
their own turbo size and engineer their own turbo upgrade. Offering the adapter by itself gives them the foundation
to develop their own setup . Win win.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
We understand that most people will want the complete kit. However there are plenty of others that want to choose
their own turbo size and engineer their own turbo upgrade. Offering the adapter by itself gives them the foundation
to develop their own setup . Win win.
that part should only cost as much as many other o2 housing set ups. roughly the same size and made of the same material. looking at 150$-250$ (the price normal people would gladly spend)

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
that part should only cost as much as many other o2 housing set ups. roughly the same size and made of the same material. looking at 150$-250$ (the price normal people would gladly spend)
give it a couple of years and the chinese will oblige you then

·
Registered
182 Posts
LOL KEEP IT UP GUYS...If i was mountune id be like **** you guys and move on to a different car.

Ken, thanks and i will say publicly the price is good. people dont understand r&d cost and so does quality

·
Banned
2,700 Posts

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
LOL KEEP IT UP GUYS...If i was mountune id be like **** you guys and move on to a different car.

Ken, thanks and i will say publicly the price is good. people dont understand r&d cost and so does quality
Huh? R U kidding. Bet you ain't buying one of these. :lol:

·
Registered
312 Posts
If this had the adaptor for the exhaust side to the T25 housing and the stock location of the down pipe, I would be all over it

·
Registered
187 Posts
This, plus vband adapter, 90* coupler and gt28 series turbo and whatever oil and coolant lines are needed will give a pretty nice little set up. I will keep an eye for a full kit.

549$ is a decent price especially when you consider as a single component vs a full kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This, plus vband adapter, 90* coupler and gt28 series turbo and whatever oil and coolant lines are needed will give a pretty nice little set up. I will keep an eye for a full kit.

549$ is a decent price especially when you consider as a single component vs a full kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$550 for that is a decent price? You're high.

·
Registered
312 Posts
To end this whole "that cost too much for one piece"....

Do you really think Mountune would release something at a "cheap" price like it was a product off of eBay? They have been making Focus parts from at least the ST225. They do plenty of test to their products and even use them in their own track cars. There is a good reason why the dollar figure is where it is at. Since I have came to England, I have notice a difference in Focus owners in the US and UK. US wants the lowest price possible where UK is willing to pay the price because they know it is coming at the price for a good reason. To end this, in order to play you have to pay.

/rant

1 - 20 of 29 Posts