Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they've ever had these in the past? I really hope they do because I want their catback system. I want nothing more than to get rid of this MBRP system.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Spend the extra cash and buy their turboback system. On sale for 1000, none of the Christmas/Black Friday coupons got it any lower.

Reactions: DkpST

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Spend the extra cash and buy their turboback system. On sale for 1000, none of the Christmas/Black Friday coupons got it any lower.
+1

Have mine still in the box waiting for warmer weather...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just put the Turboback on a few weeks ago. Really liking it, expecting a little more sound but it has a nice tone when you are on it. As others have said, it sounds a lot like the sound symposer (at least what I remember it sounding like, it's been gone for a while). I don't think you can go wrong unless you love the loud and I'm too old for that.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been eye balling that MBRP system, what makes you want to get rid of it so badly?
It's a bit louder than I thought it would be (when getting on it). I chose that one specifically because I was told it was between the Mountune and the COBB. Also the wife no-likely.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure I want the turbo back system, as the ol' warranty issue stuff. The catback system states (according to Mountune), that it won't affect the base warranty. The turbo back does not say so. What is the biggest advantage to the turbo back system anyway?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not sure I want the turbo back system, as the ol' warranty issue stuff. The catback system states (according to Mountune), that it won't affect the base warranty. The turbo back does not say so. What is the biggest advantage to the turbo back system anyway?
Turbo back has the downpipe included. Mountunes Downpipe is less restrictive than the stock downpipe, theoretically there should be power gains. Would recommend a tune with this though.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
For the price I couldn't turn down the package w/ both.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Turbo back has the downpipe included. Mountunes Downpipe is less restrictive than the stock downpipe, theoretically there should be power gains. Would recommend a tune with this though.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I could hook it up as a catback for now. Then put the downpipe on after the warranty period has expired? Or is the system different altogether?

·
Registered
366 Posts
So I could hook it up as a catback for now. Then put the downpipe on after the warranty period has expired? Or is the system different altogether?
Yes, you should be able to buy the kit and use only the catback for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts