Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are people using the mp275 happy with there mod? It seems like a lot of people prefer other mods. I know there's not much adjustment and it's expensive, but I like the idea of the warranty and I don't mind getting set up and not having to screw with it. Are the gains that noticeable? My car is a everyday driver and planning a few track days a summer. Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
The biggest reason people talk negative about the mp275 is the price. The gains are noticeable but not as drastic as say a Cobb stage 2 tune, it's definitely on the conservative side but has a nice linear powerband. I like The mp275 as a daily but if your planing on some track days I would find something that has more flexible tuning options, the Mtune only loads a proprietary tune, no adjustments possible.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Are people using the mp275 happy with there mod? It seems like a lot of people prefer other mods. I know there's not much adjustment and it's expensive, but I like the idea of the warranty and I don't mind getting set up and not having to screw with it. Are the gains that noticeable? My car is a everyday driver and planning a few track days a summer. Thanks
we love it - install and forget more tweaking, etc... definitely more power, will most likely do the under-chassis brace and upgraded RMM to put the power down...
it's my wife's daily driver and she puts over 60 miles a day on it... hauls a$$ all day long :)

highly recommended, sounds great, definite improvement :wink:

2016 Ford Focus ST: Mountune MP275 FMIC Installed

even sprayed the FMIC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just for the record if a tune and warranty is what you are looking for (with price being a factor) I bought the FRPP tune and Snorkel for $460 from trueblueracing, $118 Rear sway from steeda, the $78 FSWerks Short Shifter and a $150 RMM from Cobb, and love the set up. Car feels fast on the freeway and from a roll, is a blast to drive, with very little drivability suffered (will admit the RRM is what affected drivability the most, vibrations, and I could of done without it) Whole set up was around 900 bucks delivered. I will say that a 350 dollar FMIC from DP racing is probably the only mod left that is needed. (although if something goes wrong you would have to proabaly reinstall the OEM FMIC)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
1) MP275 has poor ROI.

Not sure what Toadster is saying, he can only get 91 octane like me. M/T only got 96 mph trap speed out of their MP275 with a limit slip diff as well. Anytime that dude wants to run me either E40 or just water-methanol injection he's welcome too.

2) It's biggest value is a modified warranty and it's through Mountune not Ford.

3) You'll be stuck at 260+ so about 40 hp gain over stock on 91 and about 25-30 hp over stock on 93.

I'd recommend -

a) Get water-methanol injection. I gained 12 hp over the stock tune, you'll get more out of MP275
b) Max out the pre-load on the stock wastegate, worth about 15 hp, maybe more since I was on the stock inter-cooler still
3) JMS BoostMax and run it stacked on top of the MP275 tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts