Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these? On their website it says they were designed to not put extra stress on the stock struts. Just wanted to see peoples experience.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I don't have them but...

Some discussions that may or may not answer your question, but might be a good place to look for advice:
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-suspension/12653-mountune-springs-have-been-installed-2.html
http://www.focusst.org/forum/mountune/12444-new-mountune-focus-st-sport-springs.html
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-suspension/15711-mountune-springs.html

I am going to be purchasing their clubsport suspension in the next few months. My stock suspension is already showing its age at 38K miles. I have no doubt that Mountune did their homework when making the springs work with the stock dampers. However, don't be surprised if you need to replace dampers before too long. Several have needed to replace them when they were running factory setups.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If you lower a car, you must increase the spring rate. Or else you'll hit the bump stops constantly.

To say they don't increase wear/stress on the factory struts is misleading.

Now, if they stated they are only marginally stiffer, yet softer than other brands, perhaps there is some truth to the original statement.

Either way, buy new struts either Koni or Bilstein, as you don't want to do the work and alignments twice now do you?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I got the Mountune springs last summer along with an alignment. I am still rolling on stock struts. I like the ride and stance they provide. Slightly firmer than oem but not obnoxious.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 61242

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
i just bought mountune sport springs for my 15 and talked with randy at mountune prior. per mountune, they were designed to work with the stock struts/shocks but as with any other lower application they will wear them out quicker. you shouldn't worry about bottoming out/hitting the bumpstops with the stock struts/shocks however they do recommend that you eventually upgrade shocks struts. i am going to run them on my stock shocks/struts bc i love working on my car and don't mind doing the install twice and my stockers only have 18k miles and i would rather wear them out. I will eventually upgrade to Bilstein Sports though.

Reactions: Go Kart

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any recommendations on which strut/shock to pair the montune springs with. 14 st, stock daily driver. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Go with the Bilstein B8 set, just like the original Mountune ClubSport kit. Just make sure that if you go this route, you get the '13 springs and not '14+.
Exact setup that I have on my '14; I pieced mine together when Mountune temporarily discontinued the OG ClubSport kit and went with the adjustable Koni struts due to worldwide supply issues with Bilstein

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have definitely been looking at the b8's from everything I've read on different threads. I appreciate the response. What if I wanted to go with the 14 springs. Would I just stick to oem shocks/struts since there is no other option from what I've also gathered?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Bilstein makes dampers for the 14+ now. Summit racing has them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts