Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks nice, but I don't think it would make a big different on my TB. Also that logo just protrudes too much. Maybe later, but not won over right now with the logo sticking out so much.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
U mad bro?
Nope. Why would I be mad?

I just think it's rude, and there are other solutions. I've seen plenty of people with massive plasti-dip hardons around here, why not plasti-dip it. Or paint it. Or vinyl wrap it. Or buy one of the other front lip spoilers available. Why? Because it's a mountune part, what do you expect?

Looks like you'd still have that little molded square where the emblem adheres but I'm sure you could find something to go there.

I'm not biased against the logo on it, granted I'm satisfied with my vinyl, but if it was just a little black plastic strip no one would want to pay that kind of money. Part of that cost is the badge. Even though it is appearance it is a Mountune Appearance part. Would just be an appearance part without it. Like Nike selling you a shoe without the swoosh.
This.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks like you'd still have that little molded square where the emblem adheres but I'm sure you could find something to go there.

I'm not biased against the logo on it, granted I'm satisfied with my vinyl, but if it was just a little black plastic strip no one would want to pay that kind of money. Part of that cost is the badge. Even though it is appearance it is a Mountune Appearance part. Would just be an appearance part without it. Like Nike selling you a shoe without the swoosh.
But the Swoosh, on the shoes I buy, doesn't physically stick out a ton and change the "shoe" as much as this does.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think it is rude that people are talking about Nike in a Mountune thread. Now I am going to have a fit and tell people what they should and should not do with their cars. :haha:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Point being, it would not be a Mountune part without a Mountune logo. I'm sure they looked at several different ways to put their name on this part and this was the most subtle way of saying "Hey, this is a Mountune accessary" just like the shift boot, take off the logo and it's just a shift boot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are right that swoosh barely sticks, oh wait...

That's the nike.
I mean physically stick out. I'm happy to have the Mountune logo there, but it is just a bit too much for me.

I think it is rude that people are talking about Nike in a Mountune thread. Now I am going to have a fit and tell people what they should and should not do with their cars. :haha:
I was just trying to give Mountune feedback.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think I'll wait for the mountune stick on fender ports! They are priced to sell at 300$..... per side. Plus my BFF told me Justin Bieber has them on his ST!?!?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
When I ordered the part, I was on the fence about the logo. After installing it, I actually like it. The pictures make it more noticeable than it is when installed (probably because the pics are usually closeups of the part on the car).

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Installed the spoiler this weekend. I think it looks fantastic. Great quality piece!

I only wish the included two screws were either black or painted black. The polished screws really stand out on the black spoiler. From a low angle, you can see them. For now I put a small piece of black electrical tape over them. I will look into painting them or replacing with black screws in the future.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Anyone color match it yet? Wondering how that looks.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
81 - 100 of 129 Posts