Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the Mountune lower chin spoiler on a '15-'17 FoST? I've been having trouble finding decent pics of it, and it seems like not many are willing to shell out the $250 for it. Anyone have it and satisfied with the change visually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seen it in person, and its not worth it. Looks better on the 2013-2014 ones.

I looked at the mountune one but instead, I opted for the Rally Innovations splitter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anyone have the Mountune lower chin spoiler on a '15-'17 FoST? I've been having trouble finding decent pics of it, and it seems like not many are willing to shell out the $250 for it. Anyone have it and satisfied with the change visually?

To be honest, for that price, you might as well just vinyl wrap or PlastiDip the stock lower chin spoiler black. I did mine with PlastiDip and am pretty happy with the results. It is by no means perfect (I screwed up at the edges), but cost me ~$10 and a bit of time. It's also easily reversible and can be re-applied if I decide I want to try and make it perfect.

IMG_3379.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, for that price, you might as well just vinyl wrap or PlastiDip the stock lower chin spoiler black. I did mine with PlastiDip and am pretty happy with the results. It is by no means perfect (I screwed up at the edges), but cost me ~$10 and a bit of time. It's also easily reversible and can be re-applied if I decide I want to try and make it perfect.

View attachment 275386
Good point, I like it. Looks much more cohesive with the black plastic. Mine is OW too. I've also been mulling about dipping the plastic on the rear bumper. I'm not a fan of giant black plastic on white

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have one on my '13. It is a well made piece. However, I agree with @MK3Stef. The front end shape of the '13 looks better with it than the '15-'17. The newer cars have enough shape in the front end that the part mostly adds color. On the '13-'14, the Mountune lip made the front end even across the bumper (which looked better than the body color indent under the grill that is their from the factory).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts