Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple notes .. your stock horns will need to be relocated. I found a couple good areas for mounting them seen below ... I also removed the Horn covers with a screw driver substantial louder ! I also took a piece of 3" plastic tube 5 mm thick split it and placed it around the silicone exit charge hose. Its so tight with the new hose that it might rub on the AC pump so im making sure it wont fail over time do to a friction point. I will make it a maintenance check every oil change.

Also I have NO oil getting into the charge system, when I pulled the hoses and pipe I found no residue! OIL catch can ? or still to new ? time will tell.

Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Engine Grille
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper
Auto part Fuel line Pipe Engine Hose
Rectangle Chocolate

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love my mountune intercooler, when I was researching I kept seeing other brands that were highly recommended and not so much mountune, at first I'd thought I'd made a mistake but now I'm glad I went with mountune. I like how it performs and the way it looks, and I also couldn't beat the price on it.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I will be installing mine at some point in the near future, got the full upgrade kit too, did you remove the AGS motor from the shutters and leave it plugged in and zip-tied to avoid throwing codes? I read that the horn brackets could just be bent in order for them both to fit, did you try that or does one or both actually need to be relocated? I think I will be wrapping all my hoses and hard pipe with heat reflective material and throwing a turbo blanket on the k03 while I've got it all apart.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Your 2017 had 2 horns? That's what I've read over and over. 2013-2014 2 horns same side, 2015 2 horns one on each side. When I did my fmic and hella horns I only had one horn and it's not a double one. Weird, I searched for 20 minutes looking for that thing. Guess Ford cheaped out on the 2018. BTW your build looks very clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.