Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
3,198 Posts
Received the brace today. Pretty piece, can't wait to get it installed.

However, the packaging is ... not what I've grown to expect from mountune. Actually - there was no packaging. :shocked:The brace was in plastic wrap, and tossed in a box. No bubble wrap. No foam. The box had crushed around the brace, and one of the end brackets put a hole in the box and the plastic wrap was starting to tear, but luckily there were no scratches or damage done.

· Registered
3,198 Posts
A little bubble wrap would have been nice too. Mine looked just like that.

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
738 Posts
Got my brace yesterday. My box was just like all of yours because it was completely crushed and the brace was sticking out of one end. It was physically scratched so much that the gold coating was down to bare metal on the end that stuck out.

Figured it was pointless to complain about it to Mountune though. Also disappointed the the pivot bolts were mounted backwards. Got it installed only to realize the Allen heads were on the firewall side. Too much of a pain to remove and swap the bolts around.

The instructions are well written and come with good visualizations. Brace looked good installed. Can't really say that I felt a difference yet with turn in and cornering though. Time will tell.

Attachments

· Registered
1,026 Posts
I really want to order this but these shipping packages are turning me away. I don't want to have to return something. I'm ocd about things and if it shows up scratched or damaged I'm not gonna be able to keep it.

· Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for bringing the packaging to our attention. Currently, the boxes fit very tight around the bar. However, as it's been noted the boxes are sometimes getting beat up and/or ruptured in transit so we'll be addressing that here. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

· Registered
738 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for bringing the packaging to our attention. Currently, the boxes fit very tight around the bar. However, as it's been noted the boxes are sometimes getting beat up and/or ruptured in transit so we'll be addressing that here. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The boxes are getting beat up, but maybe something inside the box as a buffer would be nice. My brace arrived scratched up pretty bad.

· Registered
2,023 Posts
The boxes are getting beat up, but maybe something inside the box as a buffer would be nice. My brace arrived scratched up pretty bad.
Yeah, not trying to pile on but I just received my ST Suspension adjustable rear sway bar (from a different vendor) and the whole thing was bubble wrapped and taped to protect it if the box had been compromised.

Reactions: pintobean11

· Registered
371 Posts
I would recommend bubble wrap. Mine was pretty bad too, but basically undamaged. I sold it, since it didn't fit with my intake, and I wrapped it up properly. The person received it with no issues.

· Registered
678 Posts
I really want to order this but these shipping packages are turning me away. I don't want to have to return something. I'm ocd about things and if it shows up scratched or damaged I'm not gonna be able to keep it.
Completely agree.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
10,727 Posts
As noted, we are addressing the packaging.
I can attest to this. Once I received my front strut tower brace it was wrapped up with so much bubble wrap that I spent more time getting through that than anything else.

Food

One additional question I have which wasn't mention in the instructions I received with the brace: What is the torque spec for the bolts? The instructions say check and re-torque all nuts and bolts after operating vehicle.

@[email protected]

Or what did everyone tighten/torque their bolts to? @Lou64 @reverendgreasy

One other note, if I see this correctly this strut tower brace goes UNDER the factory brace so the gold ends aren't visible upon being installed?

· Premium Member
10,727 Posts

· Premium Member
10,727 Posts
Just a few things to add to the instructions from Mountune for this install:

I torqued the three bolts (#7 in the instructions) to 20 ft lbs. (I also used Loctite to help keep them in place) I'll check these later since it may require around 27 ft lbs from input from @Lou64 and @reverendgreasy.

Have a T-30 torx on hand for the quick removal of the plastic cowl top. One on each end of the cowl and this is the start of part 2 before pulling up on the cowl.

Here's a better photo of the two nuts that'll need to be removed for the factory strut tower/brace to come out:

Vehicle Tire Auto part Automotive tire Car

Have a 8mm allen wrench to assist in tightening up the strut bar hex bolt #9.

One important note: Do you want to keep the blue protective tape on your bar? Doubt it, so peel it off before bolting everything down.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Just a few things to add to the instructions from Mountune for this install:

I torqued the three bolts (#7 in the instructions) to 20 ft lbs. (I also used Loctite to help keep them in place) I'll check these later since it may require around 27 ft lbs from input from @Lou64 and @reverendgreasy.

Have a T-30 torx on hand for the quick removal of the plastic cowl top. One on each end of the cowl and this is the start of part 2 before pulling up on the cowl.

Here's a better photo of the two nuts that'll need to be removed for the factory strut tower/brace to come out:

View attachment 104526

Have a 8mm allen wrench to assist in tightening up the strut bar hex bolt #9.

One important note: Do you want to keep the blue protective tape on your bar? Doubt it, so peel it off before bolting everything down.
20 lbs is probably fine, mine was a guesstimate

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.