Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a 2017 ST and really would like to change the stock exhaust for something more aggressive, but not loud, raspy and zero drone. Mountune seems like a good choice but it appears they have discontinued making it as it's no longer on their site. I sent message to them but no reply so far. Anyone know or have suggestion on another mildly aggressive exhaust?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Milltek or Thermal R&D

I believe both of these companies only sell a 3" exhaust for our cars. If you're not replacing your CAT at the same time as your exhaust, you'll need to ensure you get the part(s) to connect your OEM CAT to your new 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You could first try a resonator delete to see if you like the sound of that. It's a little louder than stock, but not obnoxious, and at least mine doesn't have any drone. I've got a 3" catted DP on it also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Milltek or Thermal R&D

I believe both of these companies only sell a 3" exhaust for our cars. If you're not replacing your CAT at the same time as your exhaust, you'll need to ensure you get the part(s) to connect your OEM CAT to your new 3" exhaust.
Not looking to get a down pipe so would prefer to stick with 2.5" exhaust and the tips on the thermal exhaust are hideous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could first try a resonator delete to see if you like the sound of that. It's a little louder than stock, but not obnoxious, and at least mine doesn't have any drone. I've got a 3" catted DP on it also.
Also don't like the stock tips, so may as well replace the whole exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any reason you wouldn't consider the Borla or Ford Performance? Both well regarded and 2.5". I'd recommend the AWE resonated tour exhaust if yiou want to go 3".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any reason you wouldn't consider the Borla or Ford Performance? Both well regarded and 2.5". I'd recommend the AWE resonated tour exhaust if yiou want to go 3".
Ford Performance certainly is interesting and if I can’t find a Mountune, I’ll probably spring for the Ford Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have a CNT V2 cat back. 304 stainless steel dual resonators twin 4-inch tips. Little bit louder than stock at idle quite a bit louder than stock when you get on it but it's not obnoxious. Absolutely no drone. Until I added a downpipe. And then the TTR upper motor mounts amplify that even more. but it's a great who's asked for only about 400 bucks that you never have to worry about a rusting out. the only place I've seen them available lately I believe was import image racing. But there are others out there that people have had good experiences with such a tsudo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a reply from Mountune today and they said their system isn't discontinued and more are in production. I've asked when they will be back in the market and will update if they reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchase a 2017 ST and really would like to change the stock exhaust for something more aggressive, but not loud, raspy and zero drone. Mountune seems like a good choice but it appears they have discontinued making it as it's no longer on their site. I sent message to them but no reply so far. Anyone know or have suggestion on another mildly aggressive exhaust?
I would totally go with the BORLA!!! Zero drone and a GREAT!!! sound, especially with a down pipe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
JDL is a 3" but bolts right up. Sounds deep but not too loud and no Drone. Tip is sort of like stock but bigger.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts