Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mentioning any names but have to give Mountune props for taking care of me this week. Long story short I purchased a Mountune uprated air recirculation valve for my car back in march of 2017 (through a seller on Amazon). I have always noticed it has always been a little chatty but thought this was normal(and IMHO youtube videos don't do sound justice sometimes). So I pulled it to inspect this past Sunday and noticed that it was missing the lower o-ring "well crap". I'm thinking it fell out most likely between being on the shelf at the amazon sellers, in shipping somehow, or maybe while installing and my turbo ate it:(. I honestly don't remember it being there though and think I would. But anyway; so I called Mountune in hopes to purchase a replacement set (top where the flange is) and (bottom - the one I'm missing), and the person who answered the phone really took care of me. They are sending me a rebuild kit on the house. I offered to pay for the kit as well as shipping and they are paying for all of it. Excellent customer service!

Thanks Mountune!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I am personally very impressed with Mountune, I know they are not the cheapest & some comments say they are just rebranding other after market parts. But I have a lot of trust in the brand that true engineering went into their parts. Glad to hear their customer service matches that impression.

This is coming as only owning their shift knob lol. But I look at their parts regularly & wish I could afford them. Its a damn nice shift knob btw.

edit: Idk about OP who took the "free" package *wink* before posting this, I was not paid to say that lol.

Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
The top part of my shift knob came loose within a year of purchasing it. They wouldn't do anything for me because it was a gift and I didn't have the credit card used to purchase it...
Aw man I would be so bummed out, you gotta admit it was a nice shift knob when it was new.

Nonetheless thats pretty sh*tty of them. Pretty sure they could have found a work around if they wanted to help you, in this case they just used a random system limitation as an excuse. From what I am hearing anyways.

Heres an even more furiating take on that experience. Basically because you were the not the original card holder you did not have rights to raise a concern with the credit card company. Credit card companies will clamp down on online merchants very seriously, a good way to get proper customer service online is to threaten to contact the credit card company. These businesses are at their mercy, any smart online merchant knows not to **** with Visa/Mastercard.

@Mountune can we get an answer here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts