Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just purchased some new wheels (18x8.5 +35 offset) to be paired with BFG Comp2 (235/40/18). Currently on stock suspension, but was wondering if I'd have issues running with the Clubsport? The wheel width/offset and the 'wider than marked' width of the BFG Comp2 makes me think it may be rubbing (especially with rear passengers). Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just purchased some new wheels (18x8.5 +35 offset) to be paired with BFG Comp2 (235/40/18). Currently on stock suspension, but was wondering if I'd have issues running with the Clubsport? The wheel width/offset and the 'wider than marked' width of the BFG Comp2 makes me think it may be rubbing (especially with rear passengers). Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!
I have clubsports on my car. The struts and springs not just the springs. It dropped the car not even an inch, it rides so much better through the corners. Def is firmer but i love that.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Thanks!
Thanks for asking this! My exact situation :redspotdance:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just installed my Clubsport suspension from Mountune yesterday and i have to say it didn't lower even 1/2 inch. i have a 2015 and i have heard that for some reason other people with the 15 have seen the same thing. Kind of strange but the ride is MUCH better for sure. for all those who intend to install these on your cars, i have 2 or 3 pointers that i wish i knew before i did it. First of all, when you reinstall the sway bar and ABS bracket to the new coil-over up front be sure to stick something between the shock body and the bracket so it doesn't get touch, if it does end up touching the shock it will sound like a midget is hammering on your car every time you go over a bump. second, when doing the rear suspension, take the stock spring out, then the shock, then put the new shock in then the spring last... if you do the spring before the shock on install you will only be able to get a wrench on there to turn about 10 degrees, without the shot you can get almost a 1/4 turn so it makes it go much faster and easier. overall, the install was pretty easy. Oh, on last piece of advice is to lift the entire front end up instead of just one side at a time in order to reduce the tension on the sway bar, otherwise you will end up messing around with a second jack stand trying to relieve the pressure in independent components of the suspension rather than just having it all nice and loose.

Question for those other guys who have installed... Did you wait a week or two before you got an alignment so that the suspension could settle or did you get it aligned right away?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Had mine aligned within the same week. They say they don't settle, but mine looked stockish at first then over a few weeks I could really tell the difference. On the 15s thought it may already be more aggressive so not as much of a difference perhaps. Not compared to 13-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Those wheels look awesome! how do you like those tires?
For all around daily driving, dry or wet, super great. For true all competition, big turbo power, real grip? Not good in my opinion. I wrote a long thing about it in my build thread few posts back from the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 93 of 93 Posts