Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
what's the torque to tighten the top nut of the bilstein struts?
It seems to me that the garage I got the clubsport installed didn't tighten it according to the sheet provided and they never gave me back the mountune instructions.
Is it 55Nm?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It seems to me that the garage I got the clubsport installed didn't tighten it according to the sheet provided and they never gave me back the mountune instructions.
Is it 55Nm?

Thanks
I think that's right, that or 58. When installing mine though found it had already been torqued to specs. I can check when I get home, I still have the paperwork on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This might be my next mod.

I bet you badge fans think I am crazy for removing the Focus and ST Badges from my car. Have the Black Painted Ford Badges also.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it 55Nm?

Thanks
^The torque spec listed on the sheet is 73 Nm (53.9 ft lbs) ... While we're at it, the torque spec for the lower pinch bolt is 80 Nm + 180 deg (59 ft lbs + 180 deg). Mountune goes on to list in bold, red text; "WARNING: The lower pinch bolt must be torqued in two steps and requires the use of an angle torque gauge." Badge or no, the Cubsport kit includes new OEM pinch bolts just for this reason.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, I already have a set of the Mountune Lowering Springs and was going to pickup the ClubSport Suspension kit to replace my OEM shocks/struts. Would it be the same if I just picked up some B8 Shocks/Struts and paired them with my already existing springs and have the same effect?

·
Registered
761 Posts
So, I already have a set of the Mountune Lowering Springs and was going to pickup the ClubSport Suspension kit to replace my OEM shocks/struts. Would it be the same if I just picked up some B8 Shocks/Struts and paired them with my already existing springs and have the same effect?
For the most part, yes (providing that you pick up Bilstein B8's). The only difference then is that the Clubsports come with new Ford mount bolts. I believe that you are not supposed to re-use the old ones; so you should pick up some of those.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For the most part, yes (providing that you pick up Bilstein B8's). The only difference then is that the Clubsports come with new Ford mount bolts. I believe that you are not supposed to re-use the old ones; so you should pick up some of those.
Awesome. Would you happen to know what the part number is for those bolts you mentioned?

Thank You

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reading this entire thread is killing me! I just ordered my club sport suspension however my car is stored for the winter and won't be back out on the road until at least mid April maybe even early May when the weather is nice here in Toronto... If anyone is still interested at that time I will post my review once I have my club sport installed.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Reading this entire thread is killing me! I just ordered my club sport suspension however my car is stored for the winter and won't be back out on the road until at least mid April maybe even early May when the weather is nice here in Toronto... If anyone is still interested at that time I will post my review once I have my club sport installed.

image-1711202440.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just ordered this set based on the thread. I bought swift springs but am returning those in favor of this kit. I like how even the bolts are included. One less thing to hunt for. I'll post some pictures and impressions after the install next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just installed them and after a 20 min ride around the block I can definitely notice the sportier feel. Car feels more planted. Now visually these appear to be at the same stock height. I'll have to take measurements in the morning. Overall, first impressions are good. Will follow up once I have a few hundred miles on them.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Just installed them and after a 20 min ride around the block I can definitely notice the sportier feel. Car feels more planted. Now visually these appear to be at the same stock height. I'll have to take measurements in the morning. Overall, first impressions are good. Will follow up once I have a few hundred miles on them.
People say these don't settle? But give it some time. Mine is way lower than it was after I first installed it. It sits perfectly now. My first thoughts exactly were the same - seems stock height. Give it time. If you check my after install pics and then my more recent ones you will see it dropped considerably to a perfect height.

No worries - you will love them! Glad to see another one join the clubs!

·
Registered
24 Posts
People say these don't settle? But give it some time. Mine is way lower than it was after I first installed it. It sits perfectly now. My first thoughts exactly were the same - seems stock height. Give it time. If you check my after install pics and then my more recent ones you will see it dropped considerably to a perfect height.

No worries - you will love them! Glad to see another one join the clubs!
Yeah I always expect some slight settling after a few miles

I will say this car feels SOO much nicer now the stock. Screw looks because performance wise I feel like this was as good as going AP v3. Loving that responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah I always expect some slight settling after a few miles

I will say this car feels SOO much nicer now the stock. Screw looks because performance wise I feel like this was as good as going AP v3. Loving that responsiveness.

I would say it took mine a couple weeks before it really settled in. At first I was like wow this isn't ant rougher ride at all, but now it is definitely a noticeable difference. I daily mine and I think it is probably right in that sweet spot where it handles really well but doesn't beat you to death on the commute.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Are there people on here who have this kit still installed during winter? Any long term reviews/opinions?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Are there people on here who have this kit still installed during winter? Any long term reviews/opinions?
Me. Not sure why we would change it for winter?

It's still great. No issues in winter whatsoever. Probably not what your looking for in depth but I'm on my phone.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts