Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
Shocks with a high amount of precharge can have an effect on ride height. I wouldn't be surprised if the B8s were in that category.

· Registered
64 Posts
Can someone please tell me how long it takes to install the clubsport suspension professionally so that I can have a baseline to compare if I'm getting ripped off?
How long does Mountune officially take to install it at their shop?
Thanks

· Registered
271 Posts
Had the mountune springs on my car for little over a year now. Finally got around to getting the B8s to throw on the car. Drastic difference in the way the car rides and handles now it's perfect, but then again the stock struts and shocks were completely shot. Hardly any rebound left on them and a nice girgly sound when easily pressing down onto it when I had them off the car. Have an Eibach rear sway bar to put on too but ran out of time. I didn't install the springs, had a friend do it at his shop. But I used his lift this time to do the Bilsteins myself. Was my first time and ran into a few small petty problems but nothing serious. Wasn't too bad, the fronts were a hassle but the rears were a breeze. Took me 4.5 hours but if I had to do it again it would go much easier. Having a lift and an impact helps tremendously. I would've had the hardest time doing it in the driveway on jack stands and hand tools like I originally planned lol.

Hey Ken or Randy, I been needing to order some new air freshners. Although I didn't purchase the package complete from you all and only the springs, I do have the same setup, so sending me a clubsport decal for the car wouldn't bother me one bit if that's possible. :wink:

· Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey there! ^^^

Clubsport badges are a thing of the past, I'm sorry to say. We had a limited quantity and we sold out very quickly. I'm just not sure we're going to be making more badges, so they were removed from the kits and site a while back. If you need anything else, I can throw in some air fresheners with an order at no charge. :)

· Registered
79 Posts
Hey there! ^^^

Clubsport badges are a thing of the past, I'm sorry to say. We had a limited quantity and we sold out very quickly. I'm just not sure we're going to be making more badges, so they were removed from the kits and site a while back. If you need anything else, I can throw in some air fresheners with an order at no charge. :)
As someone who was planning on doing this upgrade in the near future this just about ruined my day (#firstworldproblems). Honestly was pretty excited about sealing a day's of work upgrading the suspension with putting the badge on. If you have enough pull, please do something to get the badges back.

· Registered
1,270 Posts
As someone who was planning on doing this upgrade in the near future this just about ruined my day (#firstworldproblems). Honestly was pretty excited about sealing a day's of work upgrading the suspension with putting the badge on. If you have enough pull, please do something to get the badges back.
I've given Randy some grief over it too, :). Just got the kit in and was hoping to rep Mountune but I guess it's not that important to them. ;)

Sorry Randy - gotta give ya a hard time. :p

· Registered
1,125 Posts
You guys could just rock Mountune license plate frames or decals haha

· Registered
1,270 Posts
You guys could just rock Mountune license plate frames or decals haha
Yes on the license plates - and honestly they don't have any real decals. They have stickers. lol. I don't know why they don't have any real decals. I really didn't care at first because they had the next best thing, a step up to real badges. Which they no longer offer - so now it's really just license plates and stickers. I've got their logos on the hardware I've bought, but unfortunately unless my hood is open you won't know what's under it. Kind of a shame, because the hardware they manufacture is absolutely gorgeous. lol.

· Registered
214 Posts
I have a ClubSport badge if who over wants it. I do not need it. I have the suspension and it is great. PM me.

J

· Registered
1,270 Posts
I got my clubsport suspension installed - pics in my build thread (http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...nt64-s-14-pb-st2-build-thread.html#post806400).

Install time was about 3.5 hours thanks toa friend who was already familiar with installing suspension equipment.

Initial impressions I guess are as follows with only about 30-45 minutes or drive time:

Car sits a little lower, but remains keeping a "stock" look - which for me is ideal. I didn't want a stance approach and to go too low with coil-overs, you have to start watching out for every bump in the road, but I also didn't want to keep the normal gap that was there. This suspension kit appears to keep the right height and is the middle ground as far as lowering and improving overall suspension performance.

The car feels more solid, not rigid. Accelerating and braking the car doesn't dip forward or tip back as much as it used to - seems to stay flat in most scenarios. For me it's an odd feeling, weight transfer I imagine has to be a little different now. Going over speed bumps you can really tell the suspension is working there too. Overall the car is firm now, but not a harsh firm. It's a firmness that's acceptable for a daily, yet I have a hunch when I get it to the track it's going to be a noticeable difference. Hard turn ins I'm going to have to readjust as the car gives you more confidence and I'll need to relearn where the boundaries/limits are.

What driving I did do briefly today pretty much showed me that I'm going to need some more road and time to really get used to it, and a track to see it's full potential. I'm pretty damn pleased with the upgrade overall. This is maybe one of those changes that Ford should have included stock. And who knows, maybe that's something that they've improved with the 15's from what I've been reading.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Alloy wheel

· Registered
1,270 Posts
So a quick update to add to clubsport impressions:

Ride is a little bit more bouncy/less forgiving on crappy roads. On roads that have been well maintained it's perfect. It's fine for a daily driver, but just be wary if you have a lot of crappy non-maintained roads it will communicate very clearly back to you how bad they are, but not in a harsh manner. It's still fine. I suspect as my stock F1's are nearing end of treadlife (they are creating road noise now) and I replace them with something like super sports that it will clean up some of those bumps nicely. Tires play a part in driving comfort as well so I hate to put it all on suspension - the proper setup all around will work wonders.

Gives lots of going into corners - I am taking them faster and faster every day. Car just stays flat and and as of late I'm trying to find where the limits are. No squels or under/oversteering - just point and go. Pretty fun. At high speeds when braking the car doesn't dip as much forward - tested this quite a bit especially when doing data logs. Same thing when accelerating - car just stays flat - it's a different sensation even though it's a minor difference - but somehow it just feels more planted/stable.

Overall impressive setup.

· Registered
587 Posts
So a quick update to add to clubsport impressions:

Ride is a little bit more bouncy/less forgiving on crappy roads. On roads that have been well maintained it's perfect. It's fine for a daily driver, but just be wary if you have a lot of crappy non-maintained roads it will communicate very clearly back to you how bad they are, but not in a harsh manner. It's still fine. I suspect as my stock F1's are nearing end of treadlife (they are creating road noise now) and I replace them with something like super sports that it will clean up some of those bumps nicely. Tires play a part in driving comfort as well so I hate to put it all on suspension - the proper setup all around will work wonders.

Gives lots of going into corners - I am taking them faster and faster every day. Car just stays flat and and as of late I'm trying to find where the limits are. No squels or under/oversteering - just point and go. Pretty fun. At high speeds when braking the car doesn't dip as much forward - tested this quite a bit especially when doing data logs. Same thing when accelerating - car just stays flat - it's a different sensation even though it's a minor difference - but somehow it just feels more planted/stable.

Overall impressive setup.
Glad to read this! I'm looking for pretty much what you are, slight lowering but still works on a DD. I've been thinking about ordering these for a while and yesterday got an email from Montune with the 12% off coupon. Just placed the order!

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.