Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I just asked Randy about this last night I'm sure he will reply soon. Mountunes AP page says this:

For those who require additional support, the mountune ECU calibration can be optimized further with data logging and program revisions at no extra charge. Engine performance is enhanced by reviewing data logging files along with calibration revisions based on feedback from the end user. The duration of the calibration and file revision period is 45 days from the time the first file is sent to the customer. Multiple calibrations can also be requested during this time period. Once the 45 day period has expired the custom calibration period ends.

The way I read that is you get your AP then you can data log get that stuff together and send it to Randy he puts a custom tune together and sends it to you and that starts your 45 day counter. THIS IS JUST THE WAY I READ THIS that doesn't mean that's how it is. I asked for clarification on the tune thread and like I said with Randy's reputation for bad ass customer service I'm sure we will know if the 45 day counter starts at delivery of the AP or can start at a future date.
Thanks Swank-
I sent Randy a PM before I placed my order (in fact, before the BF deal was posted), but I never heard back from him. I know he's a busy guy, so I placed my order anyway in hopes that the 45 day counter started when the AP was first married to the car. I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point. The great discount, along with Randy's solid reputation, were enough for me; I've been putting off buying an AP since BF last year.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thanks Swank-
I sent Randy a PM before I placed my order (in fact, before the BF deal was posted), but I never heard back from him. I know he's a busy guy, so I placed my order anyway in hopes that the 45 day counter started when the AP was first married to the car. I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point. The great discount, along with Randy's solid reputation, were enough for me; I've been putting off buying an AP since BF last year.
Same boat man!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Communication is key...

I'm going to guess he's been busy with the orders they probably got over the weekend. Hopefully we hear something back soon..

UPDATE: 7-10 business days wait .. They sold out their stock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Communication is key...

I'm going to guess he's been busy with the orders they probably got over the weekend. Hopefully we hear something back soon..

UPDATE: 7-10 business days wait .. They sold out their stock.
I just got am email this evening telling me they over sold because of Black Friday and my stuff is out of stock. That's f'd up because I ordered on Nov 24th which means that they must have not had any in stock to begin with and they waited 10 days to tell me. Unacceptable customer service right there and Monday morning I will be on the phone letting them know how that is not the way to do business.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Man that sucks, I will say though if you plan on custom tunes you may want to just think it through be cool and I bet you get a lot further. Or we can have a contest if I get an email too. You call and be pissed off and hard on Monday and I'll call and be cool and calm and we'll see who gets further. Don't get me wrong I would be spun up too but just think about it they already messed up overselling them according to the email you got, ask them what they can do to make it right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man that sucks, I will say though if you plan on custom tunes you may want to just think it through be cool and I bet you get a lot further. Or we can have a contest if I get an email too. You call and be pissed off and hard on Monday and I'll call and be cool and calm and we'll see who gets further. Don't get me wrong I would be spun up too but just think about it they already messed up overselling them according to the email you got, ask them what they can do to make it right.
So when did you order your tuner? I ordered a tuner and the club sport suspension. I would assume they are both out of stock since they haven't sent either. I am not pissed because something is out of stock i am pissed because it took them 10 days to tell me. I shouldn't even have to ask them to make it right, a company that wants repeat business should have already done that.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
So when did you order your tuner? I ordered a tuner and the club sport suspension. I would assume they are both out of stock since they haven't sent either. I am not pissed because something is out of stock i am pissed because it took them 10 days to tell me. I shouldn't even have to ask them to make it right, a company that wants repeat business should have already done that.
I ordered the 27th I think it said 1-2 weeks to ship but honestly I put a few orders in so I don't remember. Man I'm not saying you're at all wrong for the way you feel about the situation 10 days is a long time to find out something you should already have hasn't even been in stock and they should have said something about making it right in that email. I'm with you, I would be pissed, I've spent 20 years in the military I can light some people up, but 99 times out of 100 I get better results with cool head that's all I'm saying you handle your deal how you see fit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm with you, I would be pissed, I've spent 20 years in the military I can light some people up, but 99 times out of 100 I get better results with cool head that's all I'm saying you handle your deal how you see fit.
I edited my orginal post after I read it it again, poor choice of words on my part and I wouldn't call and just be a d**k to someone but it could have sounded that way. You are right on the cool head but for me it's probably 98 instead of that 99 you get... lol.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I edited my orginal post after I read it it again, poor choice of words on my part and I wouldn't call and just be a d**k to someone but it could have sounded that way. You are right on the cool head but for me it's probably 98 instead of that 99 you get... lol.
Right on and those other two out of the 100 who don't want to listen, can go ****themselves! Have a good weekend man!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Youll get a faster answer if you just email Randy. He doesn't come on here often. He was literally on a dyno answering my questions.

It's 12-14 days plus 7 day shipping if you got the free shipping. That's the current wait time. You could complain but it was the best offer during blackfriday weekend. Ask for a refund but you'll end up waiting longer or paying more. Mountune / Randy did have a good deal.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Youll get a faster answer if you just email Randy. He doesn't come on here often. He was literally on a dyno answering my questions.

It's 12-14 days plus 7 day shipping if you got the free shipping. That's the current wait time. You could complain but it was the best offer during blackfriday weekend. Ask for a refund but you'll end up waiting longer or paying more. Mountune / Randy did have a good deal.
Man it was amazing the exact thing I want is never on sale! I'm in no rush, I will wait until after the holidays to get my down pipe anyway. It sounds like there are a few good tuners here but I keep coming back to read about Randy's!

·
Registered
61 Posts

Is that for a tuner or what part were you told that on on? I get that a tuner would take longer since they have to go through and build a tune for each order. What I don't understand is if you know you are doing a big BFD sale why wouldn't you have either stocked more inventory or let people know up front some parts are out of stock.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I bought a access port with the tune also I'm almost sure we get a OTS tune the. The custom tunes

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I talked to a guy at Mountune this morning evidently, they sold a lot more than they were expecting and the 2 items I ordered were the 2 items they sold the most. I couldn't really understand why but it takes them a while to get all the orders sorted and figure out what they don't have. Didn't apologize just said it looks like you saved a bunch of money and asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I just left it at that because I could tell pushing the issue would have went nowhere, but I did confirm that items are supposed to ship in the ordered they were received.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ordered an AP the last day haha so I guess I wont see it until January. Besides, it needs to be shipped to a guy I know in the US and from there another shipping to Mexico.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey guys, just popping in here real quick to let you know we shipped out a large batch of APs yesterday. I have another batch going out today and we have another shipment due to arrive shortly, which I will promptly start working on.

Clubsport kits were EXTREMELY popular and really surprised us. We're sorry about the delay and for any delayed communication. We are processing orders sequentially, for obvious reasons, so please keep that in mind.

OK, gotta run; lots of work to do since PRI is happening right now! Please call or email us if you need to reach us. As you've noticed we are almost never on here these days with the amount of work we have. And we are moving to a much bigger location; what a month! :cool:

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Thanks for everything that you do, Randy. Good luck with the move.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts