Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have to agree with @en0x I did not buy the item I wanted because it wasn't the 20%

Edit: I just read the title says up to 20% So my item wasn't on that, Oh well :sorry:

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
The devil is in the details. And get it now at a percentage off or buy it later at full retail. I'm sure they don't mind selling stuff with no discount. Lol

With xmas coming up and 2 kids I'm not buying anything and taking advantage of any of these deals. I could, but then everyone else would have a shotty xmas. So it looks like I'll get my stuff when I can at retail. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Idk if it's just me or not but it seems that some prices were better before the BF sale started. There's definitely been some price adjustments since last time I checked their website, which I do weekly whenever I'm bored. Really all I want at this point is the clubsport suspension and the mtune, but still can't justify those prices yet. Gonna have to pass this year.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Idk if it's just me or not but it seems that some prices were better before the BF sale started. There's definitely been some price adjustments since last time I checked their website, which I do weekly whenever I'm bored. Really all I want at this point is the clubsport suspension and the mtune, but still can't justify those prices yet. Gonna have to pass this year.
There were definitely some price adjustments. I've been eyeing up their TBE and it looks like they ended their sale on that when the Black Friday coupon went live. It was $1099 and went back up to $1349. If it had stayed $1099 and I could used the whatever-percent coupon in addition it would've already been ordered.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There were definitely some price adjustments. I've been eyeing up their TBE and it looks like they ended their sale on that when the Black Friday coupon went live. It was $1099 and went back up to $1349. If it had stayed $1099 and I could used the whatever-percent coupon in addition it would've already been ordered.
Same here

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I'm just telling you to be grateful we got any sort of discount. Rather than sounding like a whiny girl crying about 14% going to 13%. And take some of your own advice... If you don't like what I'm saying don't chime in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Venomous is the one always whining about how dealers and manufacturers are noble and justified, and customers are entitled and ungrateful. Don't be too insulted, this comes from him being an ex service shop guy. Sellers aren't just doing people favors discounting their wares, they're trying to move inventory. And if customers don't buy from those merchandisers, they don't make money. So customers are doing at least as much a favor buying from them. Honesty and integrity are good business practices. This is coming from one who is both a seller and a buyer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:agree::whs:

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Venomous is the one always whining about how dealers and manufacturers are noble and justified, and customers are entitled and ungrateful. Don't be too insulted, this comes from him being an ex service shop guy. Sellers aren't just doing people favors discounting their wares, they're trying to move inventory. And if customers don't buy from those merchandisers, they don't make money. So customers are doing at least as much a favor buying from them. Honesty and integrity are good business practices. This is coming from one who is both a seller and a buyer.
Lol. That made me laugh. You got me all figured it don't ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Lol. That made me laugh. You got me all figured it don't ya. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ex service guy w/ a sense of humor ;)
Happy Holiday

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I finally ordered my AP3; too bad I can't use it until the ST comes out of Winter storage. I'll lose my 45 day free updates, but it's worth the savings. Thank you Randy and Mountune USA for this deal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Randy can you please respond to your pm's

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I finally ordered my AP3; too bad I can't use it until the ST comes out of Winter storage. I'll lose my 45 day free updates, but it's worth the savings. Thank you Randy and Mountune USA for this deal.
I just asked Randy about this last night I'm sure he will reply soon. Mountunes AP page says this:

For those who require additional support, the mountune ECU calibration can be optimized further with data logging and program revisions at no extra charge. Engine performance is enhanced by reviewing data logging files along with calibration revisions based on feedback from the end user. The duration of the calibration and file revision period is 45 days from the time the first file is sent to the customer. Multiple calibrations can also be requested during this time period. Once the 45 day period has expired the custom calibration period ends.

The way I read that is you get your AP then you can data log get that stuff together and send it to Randy he puts a custom tune together and sends it to you and that starts your 45 day counter. THIS IS JUST THE WAY I READ THIS that doesn't mean that's how it is. I asked for clarification on the tune thread and like I said with Randy's reputation for bad ass customer service I'm sure we will know if the 45 day counter starts at delivery of the AP or can start at a future date.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They send you a file setup for your car when you order so I guess it depends if that is considered the first file or the first file after data logging starts the clock.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Call Randy during the week and ask. I recall another thread where he worked out moving the start date for the 45 day window. With mountune customer service I have seen and also recieved reasonable flexibility for those who ask for it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
They send you a file setup for your car when you order so I guess it depends if that is considered the first file or the first file after data logging starts the clock.
That's exactly what I asked if that counts as your first tune. Honestly that's essentially a "canned OTS" tune they ask us what parts we have when ording and send us that tune and I'm sure it's great with Randy wrighting it but it's not a custom tune for our car. I'm thinking this will be answered today. Like someone else said I'm sure if you contact mountune/Randy and let them know what your situation is from everything I've read they sound like they would work with you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I sent you a PM. The code is not working. Thanks

Enviado desde mi HTC One M8 mediante Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 69 Posts