·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Man ol man that's pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hopefully it's not as crazy expensive as all the other mountune parts, but it would be cool to have a warranty friendly big turbo upgrade

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Hopefully it's not as crazy expensive as all the other mountune parts, but it would be cool to have a warranty friendly big turbo upgrade

Not crazy expensive...doubtful! Warranty friendly...doubtfuller!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not crazy expensive...doubtful! Warranty friendly...doubtfuller!!!
Isn't mountunes whole thing that you can keep your warranty with their parts? But I guess we can all dream eh

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Isn't mountunes whole thing that you can keep your warranty with their parts? But I guess we can all dream eh

I just don't see Ford warrantying a blown engine running an aftermarket turbo and tune; seems pushing it a bit to me.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

With their MP275 yes. The MR300 is not warranty friendly. I doubt a big turbo will be warranty friendly either.

I'm sure it'll come with a safe tune and all of that and be plenty reliable and look like sex in turbo form. But it most likely won't be warranty friendly or cheap.

·
Registered
949 Posts

WuKZd.gif

But I'm very interested in Mountune's turbo choices/options. There's a ton of stuff that people aren't even thinking about doing that would be super simple.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Mountune has already said this kit will not have Ford warranty coverage.

Just like the MR300.

I'm hoping for an MR425. :D
more like an MR350 at the most... lol Prob a MR325. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I did not see this covered.....so. I have been sitting back waiting to put in a BT. It is not a cost issue and yes I have about the same level of Mountune parts as Matthew. My hesitation has always been getting the car smogged without spending a week swapping back parts. I have not been able to get anyone to addresss this (I don't mean just Mountune, but everyone including Strafified. I just get a lot of suppositions and well maybe's). Everyone is yeah but that is 6 years down the road. No, for me it is now 3.5 years and I plan on keeping this car for a long, long time. So if someone can definitively give me some solid answers on what it will take, put me on the list. Don't get me wrong, Randy was very helpful when I bought my CAT DP from him and the tune for it, but this is a bit more than rolling back a tune and swapping out DP's.

If I have missed this in some other thread or post then my bad.

Side note. Randy I have finished a lot of my custom one off fabrication and just registered at the Pismo Classic on Fathers Day. I think I will be the first ST to ever be in the show. I am hoping to get another 6 or so ST to join me. The promoters said they would group us. For those of you not in CA, they get up to 1,200 cars and 175,000 people in just the two days. I hope Mountune will be up there, if not I will do my best to represent the ST. Would be nice to have that BT in time if the smog issue gets answered.........

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Jealous much? :haha:

And yes...I'm a Mountune fanboy. My car is Mountune from intake to exhaust.

And this is why...

Your CXR/Depo/Cobb FMIC/DP looks nothing like this and it kills you...
not sure why anyone would think someone was jealous by posting a joke on an open forum... let alone jealous of a company. Why would I be jealous and who would I be jealous of? Stratified cars will likely make more power and be just as reliable anyways.

Since you obviously didnt get my joke there, I was more so saying that mountune prides themselves in being safe and reliable and warranty friendly, and even though the big turbo kit isnt going to be warranty friendly, you can bet they arent going to require you to rebuild the motor to run it and they arent wanting to grenade motors and get a bad name out there. So you can rest assured that their tunes no matter which one is going to be on the conservative side... conservative big turbo cars make 325hp, moderate power cars make 350hp and serious BT cars with alt fueling are making the big power.

So why again is my post far from accurate? and why does my reasonable assumption make me jealous again?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
^^^^^^ @VenomousSVT Well put, accurate and spot on from a manufacturers point of view. As I have a small manufacturing company I could spend two pages going through justification for Mountune price points but you has succinctly coverd the important parts. Over the last few years this forum has come a long way from the days of downright nastiness when members discusssed various vendors. I attribute that to the moderators and better class of members. That said, I have experienced exchanges with Matthew, over the years, and he is a good guy and I do not believe there was any bad intent to his comment. Every ST owner has a vision for his car and that includes color, STI,2,3, and more importantly source of modifications. There are a lot of good vendors/manufacturers out there who do their best to meet these visions. I personally, as do I believe most members, respect everyones choices as you have very well put in perspective.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Mountune is conservative on their can tunes for the factory warranty kits.. BUT Randy will push your custom programming as far as you feel comfortable. I'm pretty sure he is the guy tuning the highest HP car on this forum. My car is making just north of 400 WHP and 410 WTQ and he tunes that as well..

OF COURSE they want the MP kits to be conservative.. you cant have big power and reliability on a stock block....Doubling the output of a 2.0l is obviously going to stress the parts to the limit. Anyone who is pushing north of 350whp 375wtq should have a rainy day fund of 5K or so to rebuild the motor if (when) it does let go. You cant have your cake and eat it too, unless you want to make small power gains and keep your warranty.

Mountune parts are top quality for sure, the exhaust is a little to quite for my taste and the fitment from the couple that I have installed is not the best....Every other Mountune pare I have installed is top notch. Anyway, excited to see what the kit looks like, but I'm sure it wont be cheap and your damn sure not keeping your warranty.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts