Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Mountune B1 kit is on sale for $899. Compared to the $2k MP275, this is pretty appealing, but the B1 does void the factory warranty. From what I can tell, the FMIC and filter are the same between the two packages. So it appears the warranty voiding parties are likely the tune and possibly the lack of the pricey induction kit.

Could a dealer install the intercooler and filter while maintaining the warranty? Or would I have to complete the MP275 package (including the $790 mTune)?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
The Mountune B1 kit is on sale for $899. Compared to the $2k MP275, this is pretty appealing, but the B1 does void the factory warranty. From what I can tell, the FMIC and filter are the same between the two packages. So it appears the warranty voiding parties are likely the tune and possibly the lack of the pricey induction kit.

Could a dealer install the intercooler and filter while maintaining the warranty? Or would I have to complete the MP275 package (including the $790 mTune)?
As long as you have either a Ford dealer, or ASE certified mechanic do the install, you'll maintain your warranty. The tune is what may possibly void the warranty. It's not an absolute, depends on how mod friendly the dealership is. Some guys have gone in for warranty service with a BT or fully bolted, and not had an issue with claims. Some have been given "sheet" for having so much as a green filter. Roll the dice and see what happens. As for me, I'm a gamblin' man!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you have either a Ford dealer, or ASE certified mechanic do the install, you'll maintain your warranty. The tune is what may possibly void the warranty. It's not an absolute, depends on how mod friendly the dealership is. Some guys have gone in for warranty service with a BT or fully bolted, and not had an issue with claims. Some have been given "sheet" for having so much as a green filter. Roll the dice and see what happens. As for me, I'm a gamblin' man!!!
davesST, sounds reasonable. Overall the risk level of this kit seems very low since it's a Mountune FMIC and they provide a custom tune in addition to the standard Cobb ones.

Trigger has been pulled, let's see how it goes!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great choice! I went a similar route with the B3 kit from Mountune. My father in law is a Ford dealer, so I'm not worried about warranty issues, but I still didn't want to compromise reliability. Honestly, I think my Mountune custom tune (by Randy) is more reliable than the factory tune.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I purchased this B1 package for my ST and would recommend it. For the price you get a great intercooler, filter, and Cobb accessport with Mountune's tune.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How are the results after the install? Looking to do this or the B2 kit for my Christmas present to me this year. Not looking to get outrageous with mods since I have a 435hp Mustang and a 540hp Fairlane sitting at my house too.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
that's not a bad sale deal at all for someone wanting an AP and FMIC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts