Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel compelled to ask about mounting the Beast. No, I'm not asking about bestiality, but installing Depo Racing's Beast intercooler onto a Focus ST.

I recently picked up a used Beast intercooler from a really nice local guy who was selling some parts from his FoST which had been flooded. He had the front bumper cover off, so he showed me how the Beast is supposed to mount. Ooh, kind of scary hanging this big, heavy thing by two tiny plastic tabs. I mean the top hooks just keep it from rolling forward, but the little bitty horizontal plastic tabs support all the weight.
Now I'm sure it works just fine in a static condition, but I am concerned about wheel hop, hard turns, and years of abuse that those tiny tabs will have to endure.
Has anyone fabbed up any different mounting for this product or added additional brackets to support the weight of this thing? Or can anyone attest that I am worrying about nothing?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I had the same concerns when choosing a FMIC. The consensus seems to be that you should not have any issues. There are plenty of owners with tons of hard miles that are still going strong. I've always been skeptical myself, part of the reason I went with the Mountune.

·
Administrator
11,900 Posts
I feel compelled to ask about mounting the Beast. No, I'm not asking about bestiality, but installing Depo Racing's Beast intercooler onto a Focus ST.

I recently picked up a used Beast intercooler from a really nice local guy who was selling some parts from his FoST which had been flooded. He had the front bumper cover off, so he showed me how the Beast is supposed to mount. Ooh, kind of scary hanging this big, heavy thing by two tiny plastic tabs. I mean the top hooks just keep it from rolling forward, but the little bitty horizontal plastic tabs support all the weight.
Now I'm sure it works just fine in a static condition, but I am concerned about wheel hop, hard turns, and years of abuse that those tiny tabs will have to endure.
Has anyone fabbed up any different mounting for this product or added additional brackets to support the weight of this thing? Or can anyone attest that I am worrying about nothing?
Mine is still attached, if it was going to break, I would have broke it by now. I think I have 50,000 or more miles with the beast.

The charge pipes help stabilize it some, so it's not just the tabs holding it. No worries, it's legit.

Reactions: Pfiles

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Mine is still attached, if it was going to break, I would have broke it by now. I think I have 50,000 or more miles with the beast.

The charge pipes help stabilize it some, so it's not just the tabs holding it. No worries, it's legit.
Yeah even in the event the bottom bolts snap or come out the charge pipes do wonders for holding that thing still. They are crazy stiff and if you have proper clamps it won't go anywhere

1 - 4 of 4 Posts