Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my front and rear rotors and pads. I have a 2013 with the 12.6" rotors and don't really have a need to go to the 13.1" as I do not track the car nor do I plan to. The car is my daily and I just need to replace worn out parts.

Right now I am planning on going with the wagner ceramic pads to cut down on dust.

I am seeing different motorcraft numbers for the rotors both front and rear. I am having a hard time telling what the difference is as online descriptions are poor. Anyone have part numbers handy for a 2013 both front and rear? I am open to other rotor brands as well but just basic blanks and not cross drilled or slotted.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I am looking to replace my front and rear rotors and pads. I have a 2013 with the 12.6" rotors and don't really have a need to go to the 13.1" as I do not track the car nor do I plan to. The car is my daily and I just need to replace worn out parts.

Right now I am planning on going with the wagner ceramic pads to cut down on dust.

I am seeing different motorcraft numbers for the rotors both front and rear. I am having a hard time telling what the difference is as online descriptions are poor. Anyone have part numbers handy for a 2013 both front and rear? I am open to other rotor brands as well but just basic blanks and not cross drilled or slotted.

Thanks
I went to Autozone and bought their OEM equivalent rotors; they are working just fine.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah seriously rotors are rotors. Especially blanks. They are all basically the same thing, save the money and get autozone blanks in the OEM size. They will last 60-80k easily and cost way less than "performance" ones that will make no difference to you anyway. You don't track so you don't need slots or grooves to cool them.

Walk into autozone like "I have a 2013 Focus ST, 2.0 ecoboost motor (since they always ask), manual transmission (they also ask this stupid question), I need rotors. They should take about 14 seconds and hand them to you. Good to go. If you decide you really wanna bump up to 13.1 at some point there is a thread on here about it. We don't need it for daily use though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah seriously rotors are rotors. Especially blanks. They are all basically the same thing, save the money and get autozone blanks in the OEM size. They will last 60-80k easily and cost way less than "performance" ones that will make no difference to you anyway. You don't track so you don't need slots or grooves to cool them.

Walk into autozone like "I have a 2013 Focus ST, 2.0 ecoboost motor (since they always ask), manual transmission (they also ask this stupid question), I need rotors. They should take about 14 seconds and hand them to you. Good to go. If you decide you really wanna bump up to 13.1 at some point there is a thread on here about it. We don't need it for daily use though.
Yeah I don't need anything fancy. I looked at the parts stores and they were more expensive than buying motorcraft etc online. Maybe this has changed though?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah I don't need anything fancy. I looked at the parts stores and they were more expensive than buying motorcraft etc online. Maybe this has changed though?
That's interesting, unless it depends by area of which you live. Autozone blanks are usually the cheapest other than like Amazon rotors. I order damn near everything on Amazon since I get 5% back lol, but either there or Autozone for the cheapest. Shop around, since you aren't falling for marketing BS it sounds like it should be an easy process to find cheap ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts