Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Steeda upper mounts (Engine and transmission) to add to my Cobb lower.
Has anyone else noticed a "Jake-brake" feel open letting off of the throttle?
I just want to make sure I installed and torqued everything down correctly or need to go back in and double check.
Other than that, the power delivery is smoother and the mechanical sounds are quite intoxicating. Stiff...yes. But so is
everything else!

·
Super Moderator
6,736 Posts
You should "feel it" under deceleration; I get some pretty good shudder at just the right rpm when letting off of the throttle. I have the Turbo Tech upper mounts and the CFM lower mount with 7 of 9 pins installed, all very stiff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thank you Brother.
-Because racecar.

I DO love the transmission whine. Even my 12 year old said it sounds like a WRC car now..lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next up: lower control arms. The car still feels "unplanted" since the Bilsteins. Feels like when I drove it home from the dealership. Kind of "top heavy". Same Eibach springs for 115k miles!

·
Super Moderator
6,736 Posts
Next up: lower control arms. The car still feels "unplanted" since the Bilsteins. Feels like when I drove it home from the dealership. Kind of "top heavy". Same Eibach springs for 115k miles!
What springs do you have? If you have the Sport Lines you are probably stuck with that feeling; my impression of them was they were a bit mushy. I switched to the Pro Kit, which are not as low, but much better feel for the road.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
18 Posts
Have you got adjustable swaybar end links on your setup? Stock endlinks will preload your swaybar causing you to feel too heavy or awkward handling.

Also ProKits are progressive rate while the Sportlines are a linear rate. You'd generally have a harsher ride on the Sportlines.

Ive had ProKits and loved the ride while not dropping the suspension too far. Bump steer is not your friend.
Currently running H&R progressive rate on my current car and works great with stock struts/ shocks.

Anyway good luck with your control arms. 👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts