Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of people that are concerned about the vibrations associated with an upgraded motor mount. And there are a lot of reviews about different mounts and different levels of vibration and its great that we have those because personal experience of others is a great way to help make up your mind on different products. However, with motor mounts, personal preference is so far varied between different individuals that its hard to know for sure how you will personally feel about the same motor mount as another individual. Its very much like exhaust sound. What one person loves another will hate.

Some people prefer the connected feeling you get with a stiff motor mount and want their motor to be as stiff as possible. They don't care about the vibes because the feeling of being connected to the motor is better than the rough vibrations are annoying. Others don't want to feel anything more than stock and there is nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

With as weak as the factory motor mount is, I highly recommend that you at least get the TSB done if you haven't already. If you don't plan on modding much but you like to drive briskly with some hard acceleration and braking every once in a while then the E-Focus mount might be enough for you. It is better than the ST's mount but it is still not going to be anywhere near as sturdy as the offerings from cp-e, Boomba, Cobb, or JBR. These mounts are going to be for the guy who likes to push his car, the guy who wants get everything he can out of it. When adding more power it is necessary to keep your motor firmly in place so as not to lose power to the twisting motion of the motor. These mounts can even improve the performance on a stock motor car just by putting more power to the ground.

For those of you who are on the fence, there is a silver lining. All of the mounts available have a break in period and will settle in after some time. You have a break in period as well. If you can make it through 1000 miles and a few weeks of driving with the increased vibes, the vibes will die off and you will also get used to them. Your friends and family who occasionally ride with you won't notice either because if they don't ride in it enough they will never be able to tell the difference and it will just feel normal to them.

If you have any questions about the mounts we offer feel free to post up and ask and I'll be happy to give you more details about them. If you have experience with one of these mounts and you want to share, feel free. But in the end, everyone will need to decide for themselves what they can handle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just installed the cp-e stage 2 and yes there is vibration, but i actually like it. Makes the car feel like it is more powerful.

Reactions: EdgeAutosport.com

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Damond mounts?
I installed the center mount and there is some vibration, not bad, but I can tell it’s helped with the torque steer and definitely wouldn’t go back. I have the two upper mounts but have been reticent to install them as others have said I won’t like the vibration.
However, if they do break-in after 1k miles or so, I can definitely live with that. I’m sure I could get used to it in any case as long as it doesn’t annoy passengers, especially my wife. 😱 So, undecided. Right now I have them listed in the FS section.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
281 Posts
I have the Mountune transmission mount with the Powerflex small bushing. It took a while to break-in. Then I installed the Powerflex inserts on the passenger and driver side engine mounts. The passenger side didn't add any vibration, then I added the driver side, this one added a little bit of temporary (went away very fast) vibration. Anyway, the car feels completely difference. I can put more power down with a better control, less understeer, zero wheel hoop and it does not feels like a cable shifter. Another bonus, cheaper! If you are going to install your mounts, do it one at a time. Lets it to break-in before installing the next one so you wont get a shock.

Reactions: beretta96
1 - 7 of 7 Posts