Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Can I ask how this works? Does it force fluid from the brake reservoir to the calipers or does it attach to the bleeder?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I ask how this works? Does it force fluid from the brake reservoir to the calipers or does it attach to the bleeder?

The cap (red aluminum piece) screws onto the neck of reservoir. Then you put fluid into the bleeder and pressurize it, kinda like yard sprayer. That forces fluid into the reservoir and subsequently into brake lines towards caliper bleeders.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

These things are awesome and this is a great deal. If it was posted a couple weeks ago I would have bought it as I wore mine out I've used it so many time bleeding brakes for the track. It allows you to flush brake fluid by yourself without the possibility of air in the system, and it takes about half the time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I agree-- I use one of these for all my cars. It's a game changer (I almost always work by myself). Especially if you go to the track/flush brake fluid often.

I have never filled the actual tank though. I just top off the reservoir in the car and refill a couple times as needed during the bleed and/or flush. Keeps the lines nice and clean, and make for virtually zero mess.

·
Premium Member
13,973 Posts
These things are awesome and this is a great deal. If it was posted a couple weeks ago I would have bought it as I wore mine out I've used it so many time bleeding brakes for the track. It allows you to flush brake fluid by yourself without the possibility of air in the system, and it takes about half the time.
My pump went out and Motive replaced it. Just wanted pictures.

Sent from another garage.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
great product. i have one as well but i dont know if the one i have works for the FoST. mine fits E36/46 BMW's and R52/53 Mini Coopers. not to hijack the thread but for the FoST is there any issues of over-pressurization? i know in the mini cooper s i had, if you accidentally put too much pressure on the brake reservoir, a gasket would rupture. happened to me. wonder if i can just buy another cap for the FoST.

sorry back on topic. GLWS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts