Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one installed the Ford Performance (Montune) intercooler and intake filter upgrade? I know the horsepower claims are based on 93 octane fuel, which is not available in my area. Is it worth the money?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I already have installed a Borla cat back exhaust, will install the intake air next.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Mountune IC is ok but everpriced and dn't like the tube/fin design. Go with Depo/Steeda/CPE...any 3.5" or larger diameter IC. They all do the same thing. Same thing with a intake. Go with the cheaper option as none of them add any more power than a high flow filter will. Yes, some are nicer looking than others.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Keep in mind those upgrades alone are not going to add very much power. This car really needs to be tuned to maximize the benefit of any bolt ons. That being said, I'm not really a fan of the power packs, I'd rather pick and choose the parts I want individually. I recommend researching the different tuning companies on here for the ST and buy an Accessport and tune through them, you won't regret it.

Reactions: Ogbatman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts