Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya folks. New member here and proud owner of a 2013 blue Focus ST. Absolutely loving the car so far. Bought it used with only 8600km on it and took it to a Ford dealer for a full inspection which it passed with no issues. Asked to see prior work done on the vehicle and the only thing that came out was both headlamps were replaced at 5000km but no reason was given. Should there be anything else I should look into? Ive noticed that if Im a bit to hard on the clutch, the car/engine/transmission will jerk pretty hard and make a bang...first time it happened in reverse when I let go of the clutch too fast. If I bring it in with this will they fix it or will they say that I need to adapt my driving skills to avoid the issue. Its is avoidable when I drive smoothly.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Welcome- sounds like you have the dreaded shift bang from the weak motor mount.

There is a TSB fix for this- search and you should find literally hundreds of threads about the motor mount.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Heya folks. New member here and proud owner of a 2013 blue Focus ST. Absolutely loving the car so far. Bought it used with only 8600km on it and took it to a Ford dealer for a full inspection which it passed with no issues. Asked to see prior work done on the vehicle and the only thing that came out was both headlamps were replaced at 5000km but no reason was given. Should there be anything else I should look into? Ive noticed that if Im a bit to hard on the clutch, the car/engine/transmission will jerk pretty hard and make a bang...first time it happened in reverse when I let go of the clutch too fast. If I bring it in with this will they fix it or will they say that I need to adapt my driving skills to avoid the issue. Its is avoidable when I drive smoothly.
For the headlights, Ford did a recall. They changed both headlights in Canada while re-wiring in USA.

For the bang, see TSB 13-6-10 from ford.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a month of driving around city and highway I ain't so sure I need the motor mount tsb anymore. What do I need to do exactly to have a 1 2 bang cause at moment under normal driving conditions I don't get the bang or the wheel hopping. Is it something that only happens under wot cause I've yet to really floor it. Also I don't lift off the clutch too fast but gradually as I accerate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also the faster I accelerate the faster I lift off the clutch. Just got home from work and I drove a bit more aggressively and still no 1 2 bang.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gotta admit that I'm a bit dissapointed that there doesn't seem to be many st folks from my region on this forum. Maybe there all on some other french forum Lol

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Gotta admit that I'm a bit dissapointed that there doesn't seem to be many st folks from my region on this forum. Maybe there all on some other french forum Lol

They are some Quebec folks around the forums. They just don't come here often. They are affraid of the "other official language" I guess.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I think all the ST must be in quebec city. I think I saw 15 of them, if not more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen one near rawdon and one here in Saint jerome since I got the car and that's been a month now.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I've seen one near rawdon and one here in Saint jerome since I got the car and that's been a month now.

You are too far away from big cities.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im from the south shore and theres about 5-6 ST in the same area im from.

We do meets on sundays in Laprairie and were 5 ST in total but only 2 other guys and myself usually show up with our FOST but theres other cars joining us. ( we were approx 30 last time ) you guys can join us this sunday if youd like.

Its around 6h30 pm @ 1225 rue Industrielle, La Prairie

On est tres sociale ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was racing my brother and his Kia Forte last night and noticed the 1 2 shift bang thingy....but would call it more a thump kind of sound than a bang...or you could call it a muffled bang sort of Lol. I'm really confused if I really need the tsb. I mean prior manual cars I've owned all exhibited some sort of bang when I would shift aggressively at higher rpms so I dunno if this really a problem that should be fixed or just normal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
easiest way to find out, bring it at the dealer or just call them up with your VIN and theyll pull all the TSB applicable to your car, if the 1 2 shift bang isnt obvious when you shift then maybe it was just the regular sound i believe this is one of the only TSB that goes by mechanical diagnostic, (they have to notice it) unless the dealer just swaps it out no questions asked but thats rare

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah...think that's what I'm gonna do...gonna have them check the passenger airbag light that stays on for 5 minuts after passenger leaves the car too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought my blue 2014 ST3 2 weeks ago (downgrade/upgrade from an Evo X) and i'm working on the road all around Montreal and Lanaudiere, so you'll see me for sure...

Je suis de joliette ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

I am from Mirabel. I oftne go to St-Jerome and work in Terrebonne. I drive quite a bit so you might see me around :p

If you see me around, don't be shy to come over and have a chat

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
26 Participants
MontrealFocusST
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing