Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts

No reason it wouldn’t work. Boost switch activated relay, turns on pump, sprays intercooler. I was going to use the rear wiper sprayer pump. I was going to put the switch to turn the system on in the gauge pod on the dash. The boost switch is right in the middle of the pic.
I'd definitely use this.

Are you SURE you weren't in that forum with me? This seems awefully familiar.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I'm interested to hear how this tune compares to a Stratified or JST tune.
ok...so I have now lived with the Monster X tune for a full month and just a hair over 2,000 miles. FINALLY got a chance to run a “pre-facelift anonymous JST tuned car”...he can chime in here if he likes, but I’m not dropping names 🙂

We are similarly mod’ed except he has a catless downpipe and I have the catted version. Only other mod difference I can think of is I have the Ford snorkel and he has a loud BOV, not sure either of those helps at our power levels, but there it is in the interest of science.

long story short (and I don’t think he will argue) the X tune won the day*. Not gonna lie, I was honestly expecting the exact opposite!

we did 2 or 3 stoplight runs, and 4 or 5 rolls...each ending pretty similar. We would be essentially side-by-side going into third gear but from there I would eek out a little space, and by the time we shut down I would have about a car length on him.

don’t get me wrong, the X tune didn’t pull bus lengths by any stretch of the imagination and this was all on surface streets deep in the heart of Mexico...so there were many variables 😬

* shake well before using, do not leave in direct sunlight, driver mod is the responsibility of the end user, and as always your mileage may vary

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
ok...so I have now lived with the Monster X tune for a full month and just a hair over 2,000 miles. FINALLY got a chance to run a “pre-facelift anonymous JST tuned car”...he can chime in here if he likes, but I’m not dropping names 🙂

We are similarly mod’ed except he has a catless downpipe and I have the catted version. Only other mod difference I can think of is I have the Ford snorkel and he has a loud BOV, not sure either of those helps at our power levels, but there it is in the interest of science.

long story short (and I don’t think he will argue) the X tune won the day*. Not gonna lie, I was honestly expecting the exact opposite!

we did 2 or 3 stoplight runs, and 4 or 5 rolls...each ending pretty similar. We would be essentially side-by-side going into third gear but from there I would eek out a little space, and by the time we shut down I would have about a car length on him.

don’t get me wrong, the X tune didn’t pull bus lengths by any stretch of the imagination and this was all on surface streets deep in the heart of Mexico...so there were many variables 😬

* shake well before using, do not leave in direct sunlight, driver mod is the responsibility of the end user, and as always your mileage may vary
What fuel was this on by chance?

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Sadly...Both on chitty California 91 🤪
I would like to see an E30 vs. E30 run. Our E30 has some secret sauce and the difference should be more impressive when both cars can go all out not limited by octane.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I would like to see an E30 vs. E30 run. Our E30 has some secret sauce and the difference should be more impressive when both cars can go all out not limited by octane.
nice...I can’t reliably run E-anything because from my house to my work is just over 300 miles and there isnt any (and I mean NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA) e85 on the entire I-5 on my route 😐

that will change in the next couple months when I move closer...but I will be on a different turbo by then 😬

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
nice...I can’t reliably run E-anything because from my house to my work is just over 300 miles and there isnt any (and I mean NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA) e85 on the entire I-5 on my route 😐

that will change in the next couple months when I move closer...but I will be on a different turbo by then 😬
That's quite a commute!

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
666 Posts
This is very interesting, i might just have to get an e30 map to go along with my 93 map lol

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts

That's gonna hurt some feelings...

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
That's gonna hurt some feelings...
meh...I don’t necessarily think so. There are ALWAYS variables in a street race in Mexico.
who knows, maybe my car likes 100 degree temps more than his?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, just thought I would give a quick write up for those considering different tuning options for the platform. This is my own unsolicited opinion, by the way.

I have switched between a few different tunes-- one being an OTS tune, the other being a pro-tune. I figured I would test out Monstertuned as well since they seemed to be the new hotness at the time. Keep in mind, I am stock turbo running ethanol mixture, I do not know what the 93 tunes are like.

I ordered the tune and received it within the same day. I did as instructed by doing a few pulls to get the OAR to -1 which it did, and wow- this car has honestly never felt better. It pulls harder up top, which is something I have wished for this car since the turbo tends to really die out up there, but this tune is the best job of any that I have seen that tries to mitigate that issue. Throttle response is nice and linear, I prefer this over how some tunes set up a sort of sling shot feel to the pedal, but I know it is not for everyone. I also get minimal knock as well as adding more positive timing than my other tunes.

I have also had questions about the tune and they were very quick to respond, almost always within a day.

Overall, I am very happy with the service and tune, will likely be staying with it until I move on to another car.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts