41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
Reactions: Iammeow

·
Registered
312 Posts
Of course... I wanted to include some kind of mist-sprayer to shoot a fine mist into the brake area for cooling during hard braking.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
71 Posts
@ddfred Delivery seems to be fast when vendors have their products in stock! lol. Mine was backordered, got it a couple weeks late or so. My buddy also just ordered the CPE and it'll be a month or so.

@NimbusST Maybe they just didn't get enough lunch money as kids :) The brake mist concept is an interesting idea, I wonder how braking response would change.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It probably would drop bite, but it could be somehow initiated by either throttle or brake pedal or temp sensor so that it would only slow brake fade, and not overdo itself. This way it wouldn't waste water if you were in an endurance race.

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Don't forget we have some big boys in stock, all hand made in Texas.

·
Registered
312 Posts
About 20 people bought during the sale, looking for some more feedback around the product if possible.
@pwnall1337 I have a question, if you have a tick.

My acceleration is dynamic for about the first third of pedal travel, flat (no acceleration) for the second third of the pedal travel, and then dynamic again for the rest.

Is that possibly due to some modification the previous owner used, that I just haven't noticed like a tightened wga? Or... something?

Is this a stupid question?

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
@pwnall1337 I have a question, if you have a tick.

My acceleration is dynamic for about the first third of pedal travel, flat (no acceleration) for the second third of the pedal travel, and then dynamic again for the rest.

Is that possibly due to some modification the previous owner used, that I just haven't noticed like a tightened wga? Or... something?

Is this a stupid question?
Focus ST is known for pedal issues. The pedal mapping and torque request are factory and unchanged. You can monitor pedal position on the accessport "APP" and move the pedal and see if it's increasing in percentage.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
For 3rd, 20psi peak normal? I hardly drive so I haven't tried getting a good pull in 4th

Which BTW, I'm coming from an older v7 stratified tune. Your tune feels good really good. Smooth and immediate power when I drive most. But then again it's a very old version I'm comparing to

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
For 3rd, 20psi peak normal? I hardly drive so I haven't tried getting a good pull in 4th

Which BTW, I'm coming from an older v7 stratified tune. Your tune feels good really good. Smooth and immediate power when I drive most. But then again it's a very old version I'm comparing to

Boost is dynamically calculated based on torque request, but for 93 pump that sounds about normal.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue
110 Posts
This is my 1st custom tune and coming from Cobb OTS Stage 1, I definitely feel improvement. The car now feels smooth and more power. I'm sure the colder spark plugs had something to do with that as well, but I am definitely satisfied with this tune. My car is still slow tho lol I just have intake and exhaust. I raced a new Veloster N on a 30 roll and we were dead even.

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Would be faster with factory intake over the hot air intake :)

Open air intakes result in an additional 10-15 degree charge temp increase on stock fmic.

Also not to mention the veloster N is a 100 mph trap car stock. The fact that you're even with him on 93 gas is a performance achievement.

Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 6.1 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 7.4 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 6.5 sec
1/4-mile: 14.1 sec @ 100 mph

100lbs lighter than ST1, + 20 hp over Focus ST from the factory.

Focus ST FBO on 93 gas is 100-101 mph 1/4 trap. If you go E30 V5 you'll be 109-111 mph and will walk him easy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It probably would drop bite, but it could be somehow initiated by either throttle or brake pedal or temp sensor so that it would only slow brake fade, and not overdo itself. This way it wouldn't waste water if you were in an endurance race.
Idk if that would be a good idea, hot metal and cold water makes a good situation for cracking rotors.

I was getting ready for a intercooler sprayer though. I have everything organized and even have a boost activation switch for 15PSI but decided to sell the car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Idk if that would be a good idea, hot metal and cold water makes a good situation for cracking rotors.

I was getting ready for a intercooler sprayer though. I have everything organized and even have a boost activation switch for 15PSI but decided to sell the car.
What about rain? How does a rotor get hit with rain and not crack? Not being smart, just honestly curious to see if I can replicate that situation, because it seems to work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What about rain? How does a rotor get hit with rain and not crack? Not being smart, just honestly curious to see if I can replicate that situation, because it seems to work.
During rain, you aren’t getting nearly the heat in the rotor due to not driving hard and the rotors won’t gain much heat due to constant water.

I’m not arguing or saying it will happen, just bringing the situation up to talk about.

·
Registered
312 Posts
During rain, you aren’t getting nearly the heat in the rotor due to not driving hard and the rotors won’t gain much heat due to constant water.

I’m not arguing or saying it will happen, just bringing the situation up to talk about.
Huh... right, good point.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wait!! @turboguy327 , you have it all gathered? Wanna test it?

No reason it wouldn’t work. Boost switch activated relay, turns on pump, sprays intercooler. I was going to use the rear wiper sprayer pump. I was going to put the switch to turn the system on in the gauge pod on the dash. The boost switch is right in the middle of the pic.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts