Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I'll weigh in too, I bought the tune after seeing this ad. Its a huge step up from my previous tune, and that was a custom dyno tune. Little to no knock, and noticeably more power. My previous tune would post up maybe 5-8 knocks/cyl per pull making less power than this. This I only ever see 1-3 knocks.

I would definitely recommend!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Ditto on all the kudos above!

granted, all I had previous was an OTS Cobb stage3, but I liked everything I read about this one...and the price point sold me 😉

now...if only we could get WGA and WMi adjustments 😬

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I'm interested to hear how this tune compares to a Stratified or JST tune.

Reactions: k1rby37

·
Vendor
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'll weigh in too, I bought the tune after seeing this add. Its a huge step up from my previous tune, and that was a custom dyno tune. Little to no knock, and noticeably more power. My previous tune would post up maybe 5-8 knocks/cyl per pull making less power than this. This I only ever see 1-3 knocks.

I would definitely recommend!
There is a science to it. I spent a year developing these maps and improved every chance I could get. I had sponsored tune cars seek out and race other cars and if they lose it was obvious there was room for improvement. I did this for a year straight as well as purchasing another fost (my 3rd one) temporarily for a month or two to get some hands on time with my calibrations to improve boost response, and drivability as well as design our new race fmic which are hand made in Texas.

I've been in the Focus ST / Fiesta ST scene since 2014.

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
Well, just for fun, have a look at this:

The blue graph was my first log and I got 1 knock event on cylinder 1 which the tune pulled 3 degrees of timing for until it resolved. All other cylinders were +6 degrees timing early on and stayed there. Just for fun, the next morning (which was a bit cooler air temp) I added 1/2 gallon of e85 to half a tank of gas and logged the red graph line. No knock and all cylinders added 6 degrees early; picked up 14 hp and 10 lb/ft. This is on 91 octane and a factory down pipe. I know V-Dyno is not accurate, but it does work nicely for comparison.

·
Vendor
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My confidence in vdyno is at an all time low. I noticed on the fiesta platform that with smaller tire sizes, when correctly entered the results were way off. In addition, I attempted to install the latest vdyno here and it won't install/run anymore on the latest windows update. version 1.5.3. I get a runtime exception on both my PC's trying to use it.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
76 Posts
@pwnall1337 now that you mention it, i should probably do another run with my larger wheel tire setup when I did the Brembo upgrade. I hear ya, Virtual Dyno for me is just fun rather than anything serious.
@wingnutt and I are friends from another platform back in the day, we have fun :D

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
My confidence in vdyno is at an all time low. I noticed on the fiesta platform that with smaller tire sizes, when correctly entered the results were way off. In addition, I attempted to install the latest vdyno here and it won't install/run anymore on the latest windows update. version 1.5.3. I get a runtime exception on both my PC's trying to use it.
I'm not really interested in the numbers, except for comparison. I may flash back to stock just to get a baseline. Also, my old and not too efficient intercooler may be holding back a few h.p.'s; I'm getting a 15-18 degree rise in temp over the log.

Reactions: k1rby37 and Iammeow

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
@ddfred I'm starting to look into windshield washer reservoir icebox intercooler sprayer modification for that reason!
I'm thinking of just buying an intercooler with a better core and not worry about filling up and running out of fluid. My Threadstone core just is not efficient enough.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
76 Posts
@ddfred I hear ya. I have the CPE 3.5" and although it works great, I think it would be great to bring the charge temp down below ambient when prepping for a pull. Anywho, I don't mean to hijack the thread with my shenanigans! :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
@ddfred I hear ya. I have the CPE 3.5" and although it works great, I think it would be great to bring the charge temp down below ambient when prepping for a pull. Anywho, I don't mean to hijack the thread with my shenanigans! :ROFLMAO:
Considering the sale that this thread was advertising is over, not really an issue...???

Reactions: Iammeow

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
Well, I just remembered that Depot Racing was supposed to be getting a shipment in August, so I checked the site. Sure enough he has new stock, so I just ordered a 3 1/2" intercooler.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts