Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For our V5 Stage X stock turbo tune release we're offering a 30% off sale.

Tech article:
Understanding Ford PCM ignition correction logic

Order link:
Focus ST Stage X Tune V5

Sale ends Sunday 8/16

The 30% discount will automatically apply during checkout.

What is Stage X and what makes it different?

Our Stage X line of calibrations are unique advanced closed loop calibrations designed for operation with the stock turbocharger, stock wastegate, and stock fuel system.

With 15+ years of software development experience, our calibrator reverse engineers the factory ECU strategy to develop a closed loop tuning system. The Ecoboost ECU has closed loop fueling, closed loop ignition, and closed loop boost control using a PID controller subsystem. After 9+ months of research and development the result is the perfect stock turbo tune. No revisions are needed and you can continue to modify your car and re-flash the map after you have made changes to the car and the ECU will compensate for those changes while providing more power than competitor tuners.

All of our Stage X maps drive like stock or better and drivability is our main focus to offer the perfect tune that sacrifices nothing. Experience a tune unlike anything offered by the competition.

Stage X Features:
  • 100% Ford Refined OEM Drivability
  • Less knock over competitor tunes with advanced knock control strategy
  • Adaptive boost control strategy designed to be compatible with all bolt on modifications, and more responsive than factory.
  • All the power of a pro tune with out the cost or the turn around time
  • Significantly improved boost response
  • 1000+ hours of research and development
  • 1 month of tuning support is included with the purchase
  • Same day tune delivery during business hours
Requirements:
  • Cobb Accessport V3 for Focus ST
  • One step colder spark plugs gapped at 0.026 (We sell Ruthenium NGK pre-gapped)
  • Stock Turbo
  • Stock wastegate actuator
  • Stock fueling (no aux fuel/wmi)
What kind of power should I expect?

The power that you get will be heavily dependent on cooling and fuel quality. We highly recommend keeping the factory airbox (and with the oem lid) as it flows very well up to 400whp while keeping temps very low, and provides a fresh air feed from the grill. After market intakes may see a reduction in power due to increased intake air temperatures.

Power figures will vary depending on the dyno:
  • (91/93) Tune stock FMIC (250 whp / 260 whp)
  • (91/93) Tune uprated FMIC (260 whp / 270 whp)
  • (E30) Tune stock FMIC (280 whp)
  • (E30) Tune uprated FMIC (295 whp)
Driving Tips:
For fastest acceleration the optimum shift points on our tunes for peak power is 5800 rpm. Shifting later than this will result in slower acceleration.

When racing we recommend using the flat foot shifting features to shift.

monstertuned.jpg
116871579_1181770878836480_7501920683914362690_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
Disclaimer- This is both unsolicited and impartial

Ok boys and girls, if you haven't bought a tune yet (or maybe even if you have), and are running the factory turbo and don't plan on changing that in the near future, this tune is something you need to consider. I bought the Stage X tune yesterday (Sunday) evening around 6 or 7:00 pm, received the request for my AccessPort info within a half hour, sent it in and this morning when I opened my e-mail at 6:00 am the tune was there. Installed it this afternoon, went out and did 3 fourth gear pulls from 2500 to 6000 rpm and the OAR went from -.50 (as received) to -1.00. The car pulls harder than it ever has, but also feels very refined when just cruising around. I've had this car since September 20, 2012 and have had several tunes installed from several different tuners starting with the original tunes from Cobb when they first came out. I've switched them around over the years and feel as if this is where I will stay. I don't think you will find a better value than the $140.00 sale price right now too.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Disclaimer- This is both unsolicited and impartial

Ok boys and girls, if you haven't bought a tune yet (or maybe even if you have), and are running the factory turbo and don't plan on changing that in the near future, this tune is something you need to consider. I bought the Stage X tune yesterday (Sunday) evening around 6 or 7:00 pm, received the request for my AccessPort info within a half hour, sent it in and this morning when I opened my e-mail at 6:00 am the tune was there. Installed it this afternoon, went out and did 3 fourth gear pulls from 2500 to 6000 rpm and the OAR went from -.50 (as received) to -1.00. The car pulls harder than it ever has, but also feels very refined when just cruising around. I've had this car since September 20, 2012 and have had several tunes installed from several different tuners starting with the original tunes from Cobb when they first came out. I've switched them around over the years and feel as if this is where I will stay. I don't think you will find a better value than the $140.00 sale price right now too.
Got any logs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
This seems like a really good option for the stock turbo guys. If the turn around time is as advertised, that definitely beats out most of the other big name tuners. This also seems like a very competitive price point for the performance that is advertised. I would love to see some logs on this tune!

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
This seems like a really good option for the stock turbo guys. If the turn around time is as advertised, that definitely beats out most of the other big name tuners. This also seems like a very competitive price point for the performance that is advertised. I would love to see some logs on this tune!
Well, maybe the tuner will have some...

@pwnall1337

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not very big on sharing datalogs that could potentially give away proprietary data such as torque/load/ignition curves, however customers can post logs showing basic things that show the tune is safe such as afr, boost, knock count for all cylinders and ignition corrections for all cylinders if they want to. I would ask they keep datalogging basic as described above for sharing purposes.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm not very big on sharing datalogs that could potentially give away proprietary data such as torque/load/ignition curves, however customers can post logs showing basic things that show the tune is safe such as afr, boost, knock count for all cylinders and ignition corrections for all cylinders if they want to. I would ask they keep datalogging basic as described above for sharing purposes.
That is fair enough.

I see in you bio that you guys are offering 20% off when switching from another tuner. Does that still apply to custom tunes?

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is fair enough.

I see in you bio that you guys are offering 20% off when switching from another tuner. Does that still apply to custom tunes?
We only offer our Stage X tunes and Hybrid turbo tunes with the purchase of our hybrid turbo. There is no more power to be had on a "custom" tune as opposed to our Stage X.

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
We only offer our Stage X tunes and Hybrid turbo tunes with the purchase of our hybrid turbo. There is no more power to be had on a "custom" tune as opposed to our Stage X.
And there is the reason I chose this tune. :giggle:

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@pwnall1337

Does or can your tune/revision process account for a tightened stock WGA?
It should not be enough of a difference to affect the tune, during development I had a customer or two tighten their wastegate. The PID controller subsystem for the boost control system will correct and store learned wastegate values in KAM (keep alive memory) Our calibrations have adjusted KAM learning to learn greater differences than factory as well as faster PID reaction for required changes to boost control.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It should not be enough of a difference to affect the tune, during development I had a customer or two tighten their wastegate. The PID controller subsystem for the boost control system will correct and store learned wastegate values in KAM (keep alive memory) Our calibrations have adjusted KAM learning to learn greater differences than factory as well as faster PID reaction for required changes to boost control.
Thank you for the quick response...makes sense for sure. Sounds like the only expectation is that resetting the KAM = a relearning curve for the tune as it pertains to the adjusted WGA. Does the tune rely on KAM for any other learned (stored) parameters for smoothness, power, etc.?

@SSgtjrobertson pretty cool approach leaning on the PID...I know how much you love them, and really I've grown to appreciate them vis a vis my HeaterMeter system!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ll chime in here. I’ve had this tune for a couple of months now. Customer service is fantastic and the tune feels well refined. Stock, cobb tunes 2&3 and this tune are my only comparison tunes. I would by again, it’s a steal at this price imo.

·
Registered
312 Posts
As soon as I got this tune installed, my 155,000 mile old cold side charge pipe tore a hole right up next to the manifold. I joked in another thread that it was because of this tune (it's not, don't be obtuse) so someone called it the freddy krueger tune. Maybe it was @TurboGT ? Idk. But it is the Krueger tune now, as far as I'm concerned. My car is a MONSTER in the city, I just can't quit embarrassing v8 drivers who wanna pull up and cut me off.

I think the best thing for me is that I feel much better with the knock strategy here because Ford is known by this ECU for doing such a great job at preventing knock. Scotty Kilmer can bash turbo tech all he wants, but if you can prevent knock you have a car that will last a very long time (as long as you don't drive like me), and I just don't feel comfortable with how some tunes just kinda bypass some of that protection, as far as I can tell.

But anyway, when I told them I had a boost leak, (I was freaking out, thought maybe I popped my turbo), they were responsive and made sure to get some logs from me to check. They were patient with me being a noob, and just helped. Very cool.

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far 15 people this week have taken advantage of this offer. I may extend this sale to help get this tune out to more cars as I think the best marketing is a product that sells itself and spread by word of mouth.

Same day tune delivery if you fill out the tuning form that's sent after you order.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts