Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to purchase the PP-XT62 Hybrid Turbo from Monster Tuned along with the 93/E30 tunes. I followed Monster Tuned recommendations on additional parts to purchase for the turbo, with exception to any fuel delivery modifications. The turbo instal was basic and trouble free. I did install an offroad DP and heat wrapped it. I also installed a PTP- Ford 2.0L EcoBoost Lava Turbo Blanket.

Here are the two dyno charts 93 oct pump gas 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Waiting to start the E30 tuning process next.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
That torque curve is fairly flat and the H.P. peaks where the stock turbo falls flat; not huge numbers, but I like the look of the curves.

·
Vendor
492 Posts
Glad to see this posted. Hitting the octane limitation of the fuel on the 93 map, as well as fuel pressure down low which is why torque is not super peaky, however it's a flat power curve of 320whp which is pretty damn sweet. More average HP across the curve = more go fast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to go this way because I participate in HPDE's several times a year. I wanted safe and manageable HP for turning laps around a track and daily driving as well. I am happy with my purchase as well as the great tuning support I received.

·
1,512 Posts
Thanks for sharing, im glad to see someone post actual dyno numbers of this bad boy on 93. I like the look of the power curve .

Keep us posted at certain time/mileage intervals to see how its holding up!

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Question to @pwnall1337 on your site it says you dont do big turbo or aux. Fuel tuning and that you refer to other tuners. Did that change? Just curious my friend is on your tune, and ive looked into it but i have the mountune injectors...along with the usual bolt ons, thermal research high flo n ctback, steeda intake, levels fmic with hks. I thibk thats it. So anywayz i was just immediately in my mind turned away because it says you dont do upgraded fuel part tuning. So thats my question. Thanks, and power curve looks nice and healthy and stays in there for awhile, but does seem alil low, im wondering does the way you tune using alot factory parameters keep the ecu from being able to generate higher power outputs, like id say his build is prolly 400hp capable, but fueling is prolly an issue, will your tunes suppprt that kinda power if the fuel was available?

·
1,512 Posts
@GotAFoSTnSpeed6 i think the numbers are fantastic. Stock driveability with 320 whp on tap? Yes please. Not everyone wants 400hp and the mods that come with it.

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yea i didnt say there was anything wrong with 320 bud, it was more about an inquiry into the way he tunes and curious if his tunes were able to automatically adjust for that great of power gains if the fuel and air was available? Not saying he should be way higher in power his tuning is fuqqed, not what im sayjng.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Just interesting coz of the way he tunes, he uses alot of stock algorithms and cool **** that keep it running stock and just reflash ur ecu when u add parts to correct the additions, and im wondering would his tunes make that big power if the components were there or does the ecoboost ecu only allow for some factory control n change

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want to say that this was my first time experiencing this in depth of a tuning process. Purchasing a tune with single data log session was the depth of my previous experience. So needless to say I needed some "hand holding" during the process and was probably a bit of a pain in the a**. The tuner answered all my questions very clearly with easy to understand explanations. Most important is that I am pleased with the final result.

·
Vendor
492 Posts
So my goal is to develop software vs. custom tuning. I'm a principal software engineer as my day job. Our Stage X tunes for the Fiesta ST/Focus ST will compensate for bolt ons as long as you have the stock wastegate and stock fueling. To take this even further, our F150 3.5 ecoboost tunes (in beta testing) are not only Stage X, but also use slightly modified factory octane learning to knock less than factory when cruising light throttle, while also fully learning the correct octane value for the conditions/fuel present.

Now to the fuel pump/injector question. We do tune for the XDI35 HPFP and injectors (injector scaling size or % required), however we DO NOT tune wmi/aux fuel. We don't tune wmi or aux fuel because we cannot reliable offer a consistent map with piggy back fuels that are not controlled by the factory PCM.

Our goal is to offer the hybrid turbo and BNR 2867 upgrades with a tune that's consistent to ensuring best spark curve with the fuel it's given. IMO injector/hpfp is overkill for the hybrid turbo as it won't free up much horsepower, so for the guys wanting to stay 100% stock fuel system the hybrid turbo is the way to go. If you want 380-440whp the BNR 2867 + HPFP + Injectors will be the way to go.

We only are interested in tuning OUR setups. I turn away big turbo cars custom tunes, however tuning is bundled for people wanting a complete solution with us using our hybrid turbo or bundling our tuning and buying a BNR 2867 from us.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
So my goal is to develop software vs. custom tuning. I'm a principal software engineer as my day job. Our Stage X tunes for the Fiesta ST/Focus ST will compensate for bolt ons as long as you have the stock wastegate and stock fueling. To take this even further, our F150 3.5 ecoboost tunes (in beta testing) are not only Stage X, but also use slightly modified factory octane learning to knock less than factory when cruising light throttle, while also fully learning the correct octane value for the conditions/fuel present.

Now to the fuel pump/injector question. We do tune for the XDI35 HPFP and injectors (injector scaling size or % required), however we DO NOT tune wmi/aux fuel. We don't tune wmi or aux fuel because we cannot reliable offer a consistent map with piggy back fuels that are not controlled by the factory PCM.

Our goal is to offer the hybrid turbo and BNR 2867 upgrades with a tune that's consistent to ensuring best spark curve with the fuel it's given. IMO injector/hpfp is overkill for the hybrid turbo as it won't free up much horsepower, so for the guys wanting to stay 100% stock fuel system the hybrid turbo is the way to go. If you want 380-440whp the BNR 2867 + HPFP + Injectors will be the way to go.

We only are interested in tuning OUR setups. I turn away big turbo cars custom tunes, however tuning is bundled for people wanting a complete solution with us using our hybrid turbo or bundling our tuning and buying a BNR 2867 from us.
So are the BNR 2867 option available again?

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Soon, he's finishing up on production of the new turbo inlets. I took the kit off the site the second I found out about the fitment issues.
Let me know when they come available again.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Vendor
492 Posts
I reviewed that datalog you sent from the dyno pull and your charge temps were around 135 (realistically 115 15+ cars read 20 over). This resulted in my compensations pulling around 1 psi of boost. at 5500 so I think if you dyno that car on a cooler day with better fans/airflow it should be around 325-330whp. On the street it should be 325whp for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts