Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,358 Posts
Anybody got a pic of the monster sensor mounting area?

Any other hardware needed to install it?

Anyone actually run it with a stock turbo?

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Anybody got a pic of the monster sensor mounting area?

Any other hardware needed to install it?

Anyone actually run it with a stock turbo?
Just buy it. Do it.

DO IT NAOW!!!!!

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just buy it. Do it.

DO IT NAOW!!!!!
I just disabled products that are shipped from local until 6/22. I'm going to be flying into PA tommorrow for Carlisle Ford Nationals, then OCMD, and won't be back until 6/22 so if it's physical and shipped from me it's been disabled. Tuning is still available.

I'll update this thread when I re enable locally shipped products.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Finally got mine installed! It bolted on with almost no problems. The only issue I had was the horns. Had to unbolt them, install the IC then reinstall the horns and bend the mounts out of the way. Charge air temps sensor mounted fine, the included hardware to bolt onto the crash bar worked without issue. I don't have a Cobb AP to measure air temps, and I also replaced my radiator, so I need to heat cycle that a couple of times before I give the car hell, but as far as install goes, it was great.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Finally got a chance to really give the car some hell after the install. Definitely a noticeable difference in sustained power. No sluggishness or reduced power at all after 7 or 8 WOT pulls in 2nd and 3rd. Wish I had an AP to give charge temps, but alas. No charge pipes blowing off, thanks in part to their design. Definitely recommend!

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I'll be getting an AP very soon. I'll post some charge air temps once I've got it.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,358 Posts
20 left in stock

any new install pics from anyone?
Not yet.
But got the front Rustoleum High Performance Aluminum primered and matte black painted so it can cure some.

Will either install between rain and hot weather, or maybe after the carport is done.

I will say this is a quality piece, big for my purposes with stock turbo. Capacity for upgrades. 😉😁

I don't know why someone would wait for another one instead of grabbing one of these 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered this for my son's ST ( Fifteen, his first car). Have to say this thing is a work of art. Beautiful welds and built solid. The shipping box looked like it was pulled behind the truck all the way from Texas. Thankfully no damage to the intercooler itself. Will get a pic once we install the TB crash bar.

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ordered this for my son's ST ( Fifteen, his first car). Have to say this thing is a work of art. Beautiful welds and built solid. The shipping box looked like it was pulled behind the truck all the way from Texas. Thankfully no damage to the intercooler itself. Will get a pic once we install the TB crash bar.
Yes, have had issues with package damage on the first 2 sold which is why I insure every time now on the intercoolers and double box them. It takes me 15 minutes to box each one.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
65 Posts
What the hell, I just ordered one. Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. Problem is, I may never get around to mounting it as I have a history of doing that. It has been a long time since I worked on my own cars, got frustrated with doing it a while back. I also don't put much mileage on the ST, so far only about 1100 miles a year.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes, have had issues with package damage on the first 2 sold which is why I insure every time now on the intercoolers and double box them. It takes me 15 minutes to box each one.
The boxes looked a bit beat up on mine too, but FMIC looked to be in good shape once unboxed.

FedEx is cheap, but where I work actively tries to stage shipments for larger customers and use dedicated truck, FedEx damage had increased overall it seems.

At least they didn't lose it or have it sit weeks at the nearby distribution facility like they did last year, and what made it still be beat up.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,958 Posts
What the hell, I just ordered one. Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. Problem is, I may never get around to mounting it as I have a history of doing that. It has been a long time since I worked on my own cars, got frustrated with doing it a while back. I also don't put much mileage on the ST, so far only about 1100 miles a year.
You absolutely need it. There are plenty of documented how-tos on here and YouTube. Its not a bad job, i promise!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I'm an amateur wrencher and it took me about an hour and a half total to install. Wasn't bad at all. You'll definitely feel the difference after a few pulls back to back.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Overall, like the unit and feel a good value. I think Monster would have sold a lot at $600 if they were earlier to the game.

First FMIC I've installed, but have done a number of radiators and condensers.

Previously painted mine black with Rust-Oleum primer and enamel.

Took me awhile to install, but I tend to be particular and it was hot in the sun and I took breaks etc.

I took off passenger side horn to install because close to sensor. Wound up using a vice and hammer to reform the horn bracket to keep clearance to plugged in sensor.

The plastic part in the middle looked like it might help the bumper keep it's shape, so I cut the extra plastic nibs off with snips where the FMIC bracket was in the way.

With the thicker FMICs like this one, the lower shroud won't fit, but I don't care. Would have left if it fit with a smaller one.

The hose barb connections were long enough I used both band clamps and original clamps, with a little old gasket shellac instead of hair spray.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nicely done @MtnMan (y) (y)

FEEL THE BOOST

That looks like a really nice unit to have installed!

Reactions: ryno9100 and MtnMan

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Any advantage to using this over the Mountune tube & fin IC that I’m currently running?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Any advantage to using this over the Mountune tube & fin IC that I’m currently running?
If I had that on and it was working well, I probably wouldn't change it.

I do remember seeing pics of split tubes more than a year ago before/after I got my ST. I can't remember if that was early production Mountune and they made improvements. I think they did help out those it happened to.

IIRC bar and plate isn't quite as efficient, but more durable.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
65 Posts
Finally received mine today. It looks in good shape. I think the fourth holiday delayed getting it out of the door but once it shipped it got here fast enough. if there is enough room in the box the shipper might consider filling the end gaps with a little cardboard for extra padding. I heard the driver bouncing it around in the truck and on to the ground trying to get it out to where he could pick it up. It looks fine but it was a little disconcerting to hear him clunking it around in the truck.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts