Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
I’m patiently waiting as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the epa cracking down on tuners, you may want to get things done sooner rather than later.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
I’m patiently waiting as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im slowly buying everything off your car 2nd hand. Sell me your AP next.

·
Vendor
661 Posts
If you need an AP @TurboGT it's on the website $675 with the tune included. $675 - $230 = $445 So you're basically paying a used price for an AP :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
That logic ^^^ is kinda hard to argue against, @TurboGT....

An extra 100 ft-lbs of torque is waiting...

Reactions: Smokin' Joe and W4R

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue Focus ST
26 Posts
@MonsterTuned Just noticed the price went up to $330 for the 91/E30 tune. Are you still offering a discount to switch from competitors tunes? if so what info do you need?

·
Vendor
661 Posts
@MonsterTuned Just noticed the price went up to $330 for the 91/E30 tune. Are you still offering a discount to switch from competitors tunes? if so what info do you need?
The discount applies to the file only (not AP bundle), I know you are asking for just the file, but I want to clarify for everyone else.

simply email [email protected] with what you want and I'll generate an invoice, show proof of your competitor tune and you're good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Any new feedback? Checking in to see how things are going.
I switched to 90+ tune the other day as I was away from home playing basketball and wasn't near any Ethanol.

First time running this tune since the purchase and it has been great as well. I don't have summer tires on yet so it actually seems a bit faster as it holds 2nd and 3rd gear with my crap all-seasons vs the torque monster of e30 blend.

I was only able to get about 23 psi out of the E30 tune after replacing stock bpv. I know with torque targeting etc boost is relative but never did see anything higher like some mentioned. All and all this has been a great drivability upgrade. Car feels completely stock and drives smooth until you give her the juice.

Keep up the awesome work!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1 Kona Blue @slowcus
154 Posts
Just bought the Adapt-X E30 tune. Hopefully I feel the difference from the OCT91 tune. 💁🏾

·
Registered
154 Posts
What kind of boost are you guys seeing with this E30 tune?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The max I've ever seen is right around 24.2 psi in a 4th gear pull. Typically hit around 22ish
Is it 22 psi briefly on overboost then comes down or is it 22 psi constant constant?

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Is it 22 psi briefly on overboost then comes down or is it 22 psi constant constant?
Overboost isn't something you want lol overboost means your boost control system is not working and you have uncontrolled levels of boost going into the motor. Not a good thing, but the stock turbo will peak at 22-24PSI depending on the tune, and then taper down to 13 PSI by redline. Its a physical property of the stock turbo, it just can't flow enough air at or near redline to support more than 13 PSI. You can get a touch more with a better wastegate actuator, but not much more.

You need a whole new turbo to get a flat boost curve.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Overboost isn't something you want lol overboost means your boost control system is not working and you have uncontrolled levels of boost going into the motor. Not a good thing, but the stock turbo will peak at 22-24PSI depending on the tune, and then taper down to 13 PSI by redline. Its a physical property of the stock turbo, it just can't flow enough air at or near redline to support more than 13 PSI. You can get a touch more with a better wastegate actuator, but not much more.

You need a whole new turbo to get a flat boost curve.
I think he's referring to the factory 'overboost' function. How there was some magic that you get higher boost levels for a short duration. Fiesta ST's have that as well. Personally I've never noticed, and the 'availability' is so that the option is pretty much always there. Call it 'normal boost' lol.

Reactions: junits15 and gemery

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
I think he's referring to the factory 'overboost' function. How there was some magic that you get higher boost levels for a short duration. Fiesta ST's have that as well. Personally I've never noticed, and the 'availability' is so that the option is pretty much always there. Call it 'normal boost' lol.
I like to refer to it as "under boost", because technically there is a maximum amount of boost the ECU will command depending on conditions and then it will reduce the amount of boost = under boost.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
938 Posts
^^^ makes sense, lol.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts