Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased and calibrated an E30 Adapt-X tune from Monster Tuned Focus ST Adapt-X Tune

Car is FBO: Green filter/snorkel, Depo 3.5" FMIC, 1320 100 cell catted pipe.....

Previously I have only had Cobb OTS tunes installed, but have also driven friend's car with a FBO freektune 93 octane tune. First impression with Monster is the drivability of the car. It feels better, the throttle positioning is so much improved over the aggressive 1/4 throttle = 10psi on the Cobb. Shifting, daily driving, everything just feels stock, until you give her the beans.

Power is nice, linear and just comes and comes. I have reached about 23psi on this tune, and have yet to experience a single knock event. I have done 5 datalogs at WOT so far and no knock or negative corrections. So far I am very happy with the results. Car feels so different, better in every way. I have only gone through a single tank of gas but my E30 tank ended at 22.4 mpg, which was actually higher than my Cobb Stage 2 average, 21.8 so far which was also impressive (I'm a laymen, I know it will probably average out lower but the Cobb tune just sucked at partial throttle and seemed like it would use more fuel when letting of gas at say highway speeds as well)

I have included some links to compare datalogs and a virtual dyno graph (just for fun), the E30 dyno graph shows more weight because I had the kiddo in the car**

Attachments

·
Vendor
671 Posts
Boost looks a tad on the weaker side for 100% wgdc.

I recommend this Focus ST GFB DV+ Diverter Valve

OEM one is prone to leaking and complete failure, I see it all the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To my understanding they are functionally the same however the GFB can also make pst noise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My personal experience with stock bpv was a failure at 40k miles, yikes. (car was stock at the time)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow! Your virtual dyno is quite a bit better than mine with the monster adapt-X E30 tune, Similar mods, I still have stock DP.

I know they are not super accurate but still. I thought the stock DP was really not bad. Never seen a dyno before and after DP with same mods.

But I am super happy with my 93/e30 tunes from monster.

·
Super Moderator
1,636 Posts
Wow! Your virtual dyno is quite a bit better than mine with the monster adapt-X E30 tune, Similar mods, I still have stock DP.

I know they are not super accurate but still. I thought the stock DP was really not bad. Never seen a dyno before and after DP with same mods.

Stock DP is super restrictive.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts

·
Vendor
671 Posts

There is an update to adaptx e30. Email us and when new maps are production ready itll go out.
Stock DP is super restrictive.
There have been changes in the tune.

Email us and I'll update the map

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

im sure there are other pics on the site but i copied this from another thread for comparison:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is it possible to use per cyclinder and take the highest correction only and pull that amount from all cylinders? This could use per cylinder but the safety of global and still have decent performance?

It seems now by adding all cylinder corrections together for a big number and pulling a lot of timing from all doesn’t work well.

·
Registered
Focus ST3 2016
115 Posts
There is an update to adaptx e30. Email us and when new maps are production ready itll go out.

There have been changes in the tune.

Email us and I'll update the map
There’s an update to the adapt x tunes coming?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Monster. Will do,

I wish someone had a dyno with just the diff between a stock DP and a high flow. I looked at the size of the turbo and even if there is a flattened bend it should flow enough. Surely not 15-20 HP worth.

Do I just have an incorrect preconceived notion?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts