Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 1 jst 91/e30. I was getting down with an older model srt8 charger tonight and hit the LOTO. Was at the top of 3rd and went straight to second instead of 4th. Luckily I immediately pushed the clutch back in before I fully committed to 2nd. None the less she revved up pretty good. No limp mode, nothing like that. Saw a -2.4 correction in a couple cylinders but that was it.

I cant imagine I'm the first guy to do this. If you want, share your big win money shift experience!! Also I heard are cars have a "over rev" feature.. I heard about this feature digging around the archives but didnt find any solid info on it. If ya know anything about this feature and wanna enlighten the rest of us, please be my guest!!

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend!!

Regards
Geoffrey

·
Super Moderator
8,081 Posts
Stage 1 jst 91/e30. I was getting down with an older model srt8 charger tonight and hit the LOTO. Was at the top of 3rd and went straight to second instead of 4th. Luckily I immediately pushed the clutch back in before I fully committed to 2nd. None the less she revved up pretty good. No limp mode, nothing like that. Saw a -2.4 correction in a couple cylinders but that was it.

I cant imagine I'm the first guy to do this. If you want, share your big win money shift experience!! Also I heard are cars have a "over rev" feature.. I heard about this feature digging around the archives but didnt find any solid info on it. If ya know anything about this feature and wanna enlighten the rest of us, please be my guest!!

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend!!

Regards
Geoffrey
Motor revs to 7200rpms. Many people have been in the same boat as you. Odds are, that you are fine. I've mech reved on a miss shift somewhere in the 7500 iirc. That was 65,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've not accomplished a money shift yet but I have hit the area between the gates of first and third. If I hadn't had a firm grip on the shifter I definitely would have punched the dash.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've only ever done this on an early 80s Subaru (EA81, which was a 1.8L gear-driven OHV boxer). You could actually feel the valves float. I had hit 6500 rpm.:LOL: Engine was fine, though. Ran great for probably another 30k before a tree fell on it while driving down the street. It still ran, but it meant I had to go looking for another car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I embarrassingly did this in my 1 week old 2015 Mustang GT at the time, went from 1st to 2nd and back into 1st with me frantically pressing the clutch back in as fast as i could, pretty sure the clutch was broke in well after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts