Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All ive done is a BOV and built a nice looking ram air and filter. Ive ordered 3.5" deporacing intercooler, plm downpipe, CAI tube, and a 2 piece boomba motor mount. Honestly im stoked but if i do anymore mods itll be throttle body and manifold spacers or stiffen up the suspension. I might just find a junked st motor and rebuild it with a 2.3 stroker kit among many other things but that is in the distant future, i wanna see what kind of asperated power i can get.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
All ive done is a BOV and built a nice looking ram air and filter. Ive ordered 3.5" deporacing intercooler, plm downpipe, CAI tube, and a 2 piece boomba motor mount. Honestly im stoked but if i do anymore mods itll be throttle body and manifold spacers or stiffen up the suspension. I might just find a junked st motor and rebuild it with a 2.3 stroker kit among many other things but that is in the distant future, i wanna see what kind of asperated power i can get.
No tune planned? All those performance mods are useless without a tune.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im considering on a better fuel pump to compensate for the extra air flow. I have a lot of ideas, just not sure.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Keep in mind the better airflow really doesn't mean anything since the cars Factory tune will correct anything to stay on its Factory targets power wise. You'll need an after-market tune to fix that

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Keep in mind the better airflow really doesn't mean anything since the cars Factory tune will correct anything to stay on its Factory targets power wise. You'll need an after-market tune to fix that
He just said he has an AP (Accessport) so he isn't on the factory tune

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts
Im considering on a better fuel pump to compensate for the extra air flow. I have a lot of ideas, just not sure.
Have you sourced a fuel pump?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you sourced a fuel pump?
No, just a thought, 87 turbo coupe i had you could do this without bigger fuel injectors and a computer chip that doubled the boost to 28lbs, that alone the car went from 200hp to 355hp. No other mods needed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts