Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I’m going to buy a 2017 focus st in a month or so. I plan on using this as a daily and slowly modifying it as I get older and then ultimately turn it into a track car. What are some mods I should get to support a big turbo set up? Other then the normal exhaust, air intake, tube, and the normal suspension? But what are the nitty gritty things I would have to do? Like big bigger radiator. Or big intercooler or smaller one is fine? Throttle bodies? Steering? And what should I do to counteract the infamous torque steer?
Thanks everyone I appreciate the help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,922 Posts
Hey everyone. I’m going to buy a 2017 focus st in a month or so. I plan on using this as a daily and slowly modifying it as I get older and then ultimately turn it into a track car. What are some mods I should get to support a big turbo set up? Other then the normal exhaust, air intake, tube, and the normal suspension? But what are the nitty gritty things I would have to do? Like big bigger radiator. Or big intercooler or smaller one is fine? Throttle bodies? Steering? And what should I do to counteract the infamous torque steer?
Thanks everyone I appreciate the help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Step two, please search the site. All of this has been more than covered.

There's a convenient google search bar at the bottom of this page.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like Deuce said, your questions have already been answered. However, you should note there were some upgrades 2015+ which included "torque vectoring technology" which significantly reduced torque steer so your 2017 should be fine, I haven't had hardly any torque steer on my 17. Take most common issues for this car with a grain of salt as a good bit of them apply mostly to the 13's and 14's

Reactions: mr.derp2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts