Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys! Takeda (made by AFE), has come out with a new intake for the 2012+ Ford Focus ST. AFE/Takeda has been renown for making great intake systems that produce great power, but are also very durable! This Takeda cold air intake for the Ford Focus ST EcoBoost 2.0L is completely sealed for heat resistance and the coldest air possible. This system uses a PRO 5R five layer progressive mesh oiled filter for maximum airflow and a unique wrinkle black rotomolded intake tube. All necessary hardware comes with the system and installs in under an hour with NO cutting or modifying of any kind.

Benefits
- Releases the hidden power with in the EcoBoost 2.0L
- Improved throttle response, MPG & drivability
- +14WHP / +15WTQ Max Power Gains
- Rotomolded intake tube and air box
- Easy installation with no cutting or modifications
- Intergraded air scoop for max flow and cold air

Takeda Cold Air Intake System for 2012+ Ford Focus ST

If you have any questions, feel free to post them up or you can always PM/Email or call at 714.582.3330 extension 8002, or ask for Jurrian!

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Interesting intake, I am curious about the power numbers though. Can you share how your flow testing was done and how you arrived at such substantial horsepower gains? Surely the car you used wasn't stock and there must have been some custom programing for the intake between runs? An otherwise stock vehicle on the stock ECU tune wouldn't be able to realize such gains with just the intake replacement and no ECU programming.

·
Registered
172 Posts
any black friday/group deals available ?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
pretty cool looking kit. I would also be curious about the tunes required to hit those target numbers.

The price is a bit off putting when its in the same price point as the cpe...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Man...i was hoping they would make a plastic intake tube

Reactions: SIstomper
1 - 8 of 8 Posts