Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me being a bit lazy with my shift. Going 3rd to 4th kinda hard. I missed and went to 2nd, revved pretty high, but I caught it and was able to back off. Car appears to be OK, anything I should look out for or check? I’m a bit freaked out. Still getting used to driving a manual after a 20-some year absence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As long as you weren't at redline I don't think you have anything to worry about. Personally I would just keep an ear out for anything out of the normal during normal driving.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving home last night, all seemed to be doing fine. I’ll keep on the lookout for weird noises and white smoke. I’m just really pissed at myself for being such a bonehead with my shifting.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive done this twice at the track went from 3rd to second and rpms shot up to 8k. All has been well for years since doing that

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Well that makes me feel a little bit better. I just need to watch what the heck I’m doing in the future, don’t want to do that again!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mechanical overrev :(

Luckily I think the biggest risk would be valve float and that would be pretty obvious if your piston slammed into a valve :) Or a spun bearing - but again that is immediately apparent. Sounds like you lucked out :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
With your tuner, set your rpm max at 5,800.....car is done with power anyway up in that range.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If it's been a day and you still don't notice any difference, forget it happened and move on. It really didn't do any damage if it's behaving normal. If you pissed the car off enough, it would have let you know immediately.

·
Administrator
11,892 Posts
Ive done this twice at the track went from 3rd to second and rpms shot up to 8k. All has been well for years since doing that

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Same here actually, I have ran through so many shifter mods and combos, I have had to re-learn how to shift like 7 different times, lol.

I hit somewhere 8k-ish, hard to tell I wasn't logging. That was like 40k miles ago, so no worries.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts