Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've been having a miss fire on my focus st 2013 the miss fire is from cylinder 1 what could be the problem? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Low compression? Unfortunately this could mean your engine is toast. Or it could be something as simple as a bad spark plug or coil pack.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cylinder 1 misfire is often an indicator of other issues, like if you have low compression due to failed ringlands, etc. (often Cyl 1 or 4 before others). But if you changed your plugs, it could just be improperly gapped, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,092 Posts
Improperly gapped or worn plugs (which you have already changed), carbon build up on the values, low compression, fueling issues. There are several reasons for misfires.

A compression test would definitely be on the to do list.

Have you performed and aftermarket modifications or tunes?

J

·
Super Moderator
2,400 Posts
yeah I'll echo what everyone else said, that you should probabaly run a comp test, when these motors go, they tend to take out CYL1 or CYL4 and the symptom will be oil burning and nonstop misfires. Whats the whole scenario? Need a bit more info than just misfires to know what is going on.

Its unlikely to be a blown motor if youre on the stock tune, it tends to happen mostly on aftermarket tunes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also had the same misfire happen to mine, the dealer checked it out and they mentioned that they needed me to install OEM plugs, which didn't solve the issue. They reached out to Ford and they were told to install a new tune that was recently out for my car and that seemed to solve it. I even had idling issues and they went away after tune as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi I was driving my ford focus st 2013 and i jammed the sports button while i was at high speed. now my car is miss firing and i dont know what to do.
can you help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts