Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that Mishimoto’s Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit for the Focus ST is quite a bit cheaper on amazon than anywhere else right now. $176.76 gets their catch can kit which is pretty much a steal considering the kit is $249.99 on the Mishimoto website. It comes with free shipping but there are only 6 left in stock so if you were thinking about a catch can kit, (like me) this is a pretty good deal based on the quality for the money.

Hope this helps someone. I know I’m always shopping around for car mods haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
link?????????????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
266 Posts
Will the catch can fix the carbon build up problem?

Or if you drive it hard then the build up is less is that right.

ran into this video, got me worried

·
Registered
331 Posts
Will the catch can fix the carbon build up problem?

Or if you drive it hard then the build up is less is that right.

ran into this video, got me worried
If you can find someone local that will do a walnut blast cleaning thats chemical free and shouldn't hurt anything. I just try and not worry about it too much. Catch can or not there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you can find someone local that will do a walnut blast cleaning thats chemical free and shouldn't hurt anything. I just try and not worry about it too much. Catch can or not there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.
I see that's just how DI engine is? will redline it once awhile help?

how many miles until it gets bad enough for walnut blast cleaning? varies I guess?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I see that's just how DI engine is? will redline it once awhile help?

how many miles until it gets bad enough for walnut blast cleaning? varies I guess?
Mileage will vary on buildup. Hard to know without occasionally checking the valves by taking off the manifold.

While nothing will "fix" buildup I often hear that driving hard here and there does allow the heat produced to remove some of the buildup. Adding a Mountune Breather Plate, and OCC are about the best we can manage unless you want to add Water Meth Injection.

How effective is all that combined? I have no idea:crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts