Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellow ST owners. Once again I am back to have one if my questions answered. I've noticed that a couple of times while driving my car tends to misfire. This only happens rarely I would say like once a month. I'll be going 65 in 6th gear and I notice that the misfire count rises kinda fast up to about 30 counts or less then all of a sudden stops. I cant feel the misfires happen at all while driving. Car feels powerful and does not misfire while under a load. I'm stage 3 and tuned by stratified with a revision. spark plugs are gapped at what stratified recommends. Any ideas? Someone shoot me a answer. Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know you said they’re where Stratified recommends but, when was the last time you re-gapped/replaced your plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you said they’re where Stratified recommends but, when was the last time you re-gapped/replaced your plugs?

Plugs were regapped about 2 months ago and the last time the were replaced was roughly a year ago

·
Registered
387 Posts
Plugs were regapped about 2 months ago and the last time the were replaced was roughly a year ago
Odd... I had a similar problem earlier this week where my car started running like crap, and the misfire count went to 700 before I shut it down.

Turns out I likely lost one of my coil packs. Replaced the lot, and re-gapped the plugs to .026. Haven’t had a problem since.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’m gonna be honest, turn the misfire counter off. Ignore it. This engine misfires a lot, and unless you have a CEL there’s nothing to worry about.

It is weird that you’re seeing them in 6th, maybe someone will have more input for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts