Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,074 Posts
This always fascinates me, tires are such a huge part of the driving experience. In a perfect world I’d have multiple sets, or live where I need one, maybe two sets of tires.
good stuff!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This always fascinates me, tires are such a huge part of the driving experience. In a perfect world I’d have multiple sets, or live where I need one, maybe two sets of tires.
good stuff!
<raises hand> Yes, that's me (both cases).

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I've enjoyed their videos over the years, glad they are getting some more views. I hope videos like this make their way to more casual car folks who normally do not pay attention to tires. It's always interesting on how Europe views tires vs the US and how some good tires are offered in one continent and not the other.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,868 Posts
I'm both impressed by how close the a/s was to the 4s, and the cross climate was to the xice.

One thing I wish we could get with tire reviews, though, was long term statistics like plotting how much traction is lost over the course of wear. And how deep the rain sipes are. So you know how long it's going to last before starting to grip like crap.

All brand new tires grip well. Some still grip well near the end of life, others don't. So all tire reviews are subjective to when in the tire's life the user made that review, and more importantly how hard they push the limits of that tire.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,074 Posts
So, what's the closest thing to Pilot Sport AllSeason 4 that is not a Michelin? :unsure:
In my research I would say the Continental DWS06 or the the General G-Max AS-05. I run the latter and two years (12k or so a year) in they are going very well. I may try the Conti's next but I really like the Generals.

• Helpful
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, what's the closest thing to Pilot Sport AllSeason 4 that is not a Michelin? :unsure:
He has a ton of videos on his channel...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts