Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 15' ST2 about a week ago and began ripping some of my cd's to a thumb drive. I've ripped all my cd's using dbpoweramp into mp3 format and made sure the artist and album tags are correct, but my car will not recognize about 75% of the cd's I have ripped. I'm stumped as to why they will not read. It's not even coming up in an "unknown" file or folder. Before I put my music on the thumb drive, I did format it. I tried to do a search, but I cannot find any similar issues.

·
Registered
440 Posts
How did you format the USB drive? I believe the Sync system will only be able to index the drive if it’s formatted as fat32 or Mac.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I formatted as exFAT. I have a 64gb thumb drive which it said to format as. If it wasn't formatted right, I would think it would not read any of the music.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found the issue. I had initially put a couple of folders of mp3's on the drive to test out. I took the drive out of the car and loaded more music onto the drive and those are the files it will not recognize. I just removed the files, reformatted my thumb drive, and reloaded them back onto the drive and it recognizes them now. Is this a standard procedure when putting more music onto the drive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts