Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm running stock synchros, and I'm easy on the tranny.
My brakes are currently the RS Brembos, with xp10s from carbotech, and Motul RBF600. Heat shield removed, and with velossatech stage 1.

I wish I was only having brake fade...

CrashMW

·
Registered
284 Posts
Okay guys, this fall I will be upgrading the clutch in my car, and I'm strongly considering the MFactory LSD. I know that there is an install kit for the Quaife LSD, is there one for the MFactory? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Okay guys, this fall I will be upgrading the clutch in my car, and I'm strongly considering the MFactory LSD. I know that there is an install kit for the Quaife LSD, is there one for the MFactory? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
same kit. It's just factory bearings, factory bolts, and threadlocker. All can be sourced from Ford on your own, but mountune makes a nice tidy kit for a decent price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so i have MFACTORY diff installed.
today i've tracked the car for the fiirst time after diff install.
even with everything turned off i could still feel the Edif(TVS) working and not alowing the mechanical diff to do it's job properly.
we real MUST find someone or something that can disable this awfull thing!!!!!!
anyone have some info on that besides pulling the ABS fuse out, which is not a solution for me as it disables other aids that is need.

please help.
thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Was considering the Quaife LSD, and I was also wondering, if the traction assist that Ford calls torque vectoring (Braking) would no longer work. Should have been stock with a LSD, at least my 07 MS3 had one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not saying this is a bad LSD, just not really the best choice for our cars. Seems the Quaife is the way to go. The last RS models offered the Quaife LSD. As a option. I've been looking at the Quaife, at Montunes, website. 1600.00 for the install, they are 40 miles away from me. I have a 2018 ST3, And agree fully that the TVS really sucks ...makes me miss my 07 MS3.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not saying this is a bad LSD, just not really the best choice for our cars. Seems the Quaife is the way to go. The last RS models offered the Quaife LSD. As a option. I've been looking at the Quaife, at Montunes, website. 1600.00 for the install, they are 40 miles away from me. I have a 2018 ST3, And agree fully that the TVS really sucks ...makes me miss my 07 MS3.
Quaife, mfactory, and one other company all make the same helical style diff. Exactly the same technology. Wavetrac is the only different one and os giken, which are clutch type. Saying "Quaife is the way to go," is subjective at best. With zero facts to back up the claim.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Maybe someone who is really knowledgeable about lsds and the difference in design/functionality can comment. I would love to know, lsd is next on the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I want the Quaife LSD, that is the one I would choose first. There is a reason Ford put that diff. in the RS, and prior ST models with a warranty. To bad it's not available for the 2018 model, at least I can't find any information, like to keep my warranty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe Ford tunes the car differently, if you have a Quaife LSD?

I know that Ford Performance, offers a tune that they give you a warranty, separate from the manufacturers warranty which covers the tune only. Don't know what happens to the manufacturers warranty.

I also wanted the Montune MP-275 upgrade, can't get it for the 2018. Or the Quaife LSD for 2018. Should have bought the 2017 instead, more flexible platform, and you could have these upgrades installed and keep your warranty.

At this point all I can do is filter, short shifter and RMM. Thanks Ford for not supporting Montune for one more year.

Should have bought the RS....

Or spent some money on my Ford Focus SVT, and rebuilt it with the Mustang 302 kit.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Same tune, It's just covered under the Ford performance warranty 3/36k if installed by them or another ASE mechanic, basically reduces your powertrain down to 3/36

·
Registered
12 Posts
thinking about this issue, i have the mfactory diff too and the TVS is killing me and my brakes, someone tried to contact a tuner to defeat the TVS in the ECU?
it is terrible!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I want the Quaife LSD, that is the one I would choose first. There is a reason Ford put that diff. in the RS, and prior ST models with a warranty. To bad it's not available for the 2018 model, at least I can't find any information, like to keep my warranty
Day short and a dollar late but here you go. https://www.mountuneusa.com/Quaife-ATB-Differential-Focus-ST-2013-2018-QDF41Z-p/2363-atb-aa.htm

I'm still planning on installing the MFactory because winter in Canada sucks and it's less expensive.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts