Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Metra dash kit 99-5843B for 15-up Focus (non amplified)

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  nopeadoo 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased one of these yet? I just found out about it as browsing around online. Only place I've found it to buy is on Amazon for $229 but supposedly it comes with harness and everything you need to wire in an aftermarket radio, either single or double din. I know its a long shot but I was hoping maybe someone had tried it out. I want so badly to pull the trigger on it as I hate the stock ST1 radio. It is supposed to retain all the functions of the small screen,sync, and steering wheel controls.

#5 ·
I bought a scosche kit without wires for $60. I’m still waiting for Metra to produce a wiring kit. I currently have my speakers wired in with an adapter and a switched power wire to the fuse box. I’d love to have my steering wheel buttons back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I've some ideas to strip the stock dash unit and use this Metra kit (just the plastic bits) and a RasPi (plus some other bits) to make a custom audio center. I haven't done car electronics work before, but will a lack of SYNC in the center console render my car inoperable?

#16 ·
After spending some time on the phone with the nice folks at metra, they helped clear things up. Apparently the steering wheel buttons will only work if you have something active going on with sync. So for me I put in a USB drive with some music and magically everything started to work. I'll start a separate thread tomorrow with some thoughts and pics of the set up.

#18 ·
interested in this. I bought the ST2/3 style radio with Android 6 from Amazon and had to return it as it was massing the control module for the steering wheel. I would be able to live without the steering wheel controls, although they are nice. But for $350, I figured it should work as stated. I sent it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.